翻譯
請將以下兩個題組的中文句子譯成正確、通順、達意的英文。
A 題組
1. 搭手扶梯時,人們通常會站在右側,並讓出左側給人通行
________________________________________.
2. 近來,臺北捷運(Taipei Metro)開始推行兩側皆可站立,以減少走動導致的意外。
________________________________________.
1. 第一題可譯為:
When riding an escalator, people usually stand on the right side and leave the left side open for others to pass.
2. 第二題可譯為:
Recently, Taipei Metro has started to promote standing on both sides to reduce accidents caused by walking.
B 題組
1. 萬一發生火災,保持冷靜並盡速從最近的緊急出口撤離。
_________________________________________.
2. 若無法逃生,留在室內、關上門、用衣物堵住縫隙以防止濃煙進入。
_________________________________________.
1. 第一題可譯為:
In case of a fire, stay calm and leave through the nearest emergency exit as quickly as possible.
2. 第二題可譯為:
If escape is impossible, stay inside, close the door, and seal any gaps with clothes to prevent thick smoke from entering.
Whatever happens, you must stay calm.
無論發生什麼事,你一定要保持鎮定。
The policeman tried to calm the angry crowd.
那名員警試圖要使憤怒的群眾鎮定下來。
Calm down, honey. There’s no need to worry.
親愛的,冷靜下來。沒什麼好擔心的。
It’s just the calm before the storm. You’d better be prepared.
這只是暴風雨前的寧靜。你最好有心理準備。
Police sealed off all the exits so the bank robbers couldn’t escape.
警方封鎖所有出口,讓銀行搶匪無處可逃。
You need to break the seal in order to open the box.
你要把箱子打開就要先把封條拆掉。
Most seals live near the Arctic and the Antarctic and feed on smaller fish.
大多數的海豹棲息在南北極,以小魚為主食。
In case of emergency, call this number.
萬一有緊急事件,請打這個號碼。
Knowing where the emergency exits are in a building can save your life.
知道緊急逃生出口在大樓何處可以救你一命。
Come here as soon as possible. I have something important to tell you.
儘快過來,我有重要的事要告訴你。
Washing your hands prevents you from catching infectious diseases.
洗手可預防罹患傳染病。