克漏字 |本集 精彩教學影片(講解老師:Shane& Bernice 老師)
影片可開啟字幕:字幕由 AI 生成可能有誤,僅供讀者參考學習使用
The travel that urges people to go at their own pace
Have you ever felt more tired than relaxed after a vacation? These days, travel can seem like a race. People try to visit as many places __1__, take lots of photos, and share everything online. This pressure often comes from FOMO, or the fear of missing out. The term was coined in 2004 to __2__ the worry people feel when they think they’re missing out on fun events, exciting experiences, or important moments in life.
The beggar said“, Can you spare me a few coins?”
那乞丐說:『你能施捨我幾個硬幣嗎?』
I’ll spin the coin, and you say“ heads” or“ tails.”
我來旋轉硬幣,然後你說『正面』或『反面』。
Let’s toss a coin to see who has to clean the kitchen.
讓我們擲硬幣來決定誰必須打掃廚房。
Success and failure are actually two sides of the same coin.
成功和失敗實際上是同一件事情的兩面。
The work is easy, but the other side of the coin is it’s low-paid.
這工作很輕鬆,但從另一方面來說工資卻很低。
The writer likes to coin new words in his novels.
這位作家喜歡在他的小說裡發明新字詞。
I live next to the bank opposite the train station.
我住在火車站對面的銀行旁邊。
Everyone says that Jane is a nice girl, but I hold the opposite view.
每個人都說珍是好女孩,不過我卻持相反的看法。
I didn’t mean to hurt you ― quite the opposite. I was trying to help you.
我並非故意要傷害你 ── 事實正好相反。我一直想幫你。
Ted finally told the woman sitting opposite to put out her cigarette.
泰德最後要坐在對面的女子把菸熄掉。
Everyone rushed into the street when a fire broke out.
失火時,所有人全都衝到街上。
Tom was rushed to the hospital because he was bleeding severely.
湯姆因為大量失血,很快地被送到醫院。
Why are you in such a rush to leave?
你為何這麼急著要離開?
There was a big rush for that toy last summer.
去年夏天那款玩具造成了搶購熱潮。
I was stuck in traffic during rush hour.
尖峰時刻時,我被卡在車陣中動彈不得。
Henry felt a sudden rush of dizziness.
亨利突然感到頭暈目眩。
Duncan likes the fast pace of life in the city.
鄧肯喜歡城市快的生活步調。
Reading newspapers enables you to keep pace with the times.
閱讀報紙能使你跟上時代的步伐。
Dad paced the floor as he waited for my sister to give birth to his first grandchild.
老爸在等候老姊生下他頭一個金孫時,一直在地板上來回踱步。