新聞英語
A tragic case in California has brought renewed attention to the risks of using artificial intelligence. The parents of a 16-year-old boy, Adam Raine, filed a lawsuit in San Francisco against OpenAI, alleging that ChatGPT provided harmful information that encouraged his suicide. According to the complaint, the chatbot not only suggested possible methods but also offered to help draft a suicide note. The teenager died in April 2025, after which his parents accused the company of negligence and product liability.
Stop making complaints about life and learn to appreciate what you have.
別再抱怨人生,學習感激你現有的一切。
Stop complaining about life and learn to appreciate what you have.
別再抱怨人生,學習感激你現有的一切。
We've received a lot of customer complaints about our new products lately.
最近我們收到許多客戶對我們新產品的投訴。
What's your complaint?
您哪裡不舒服?
The lawyer submitted a complaint to the court on behalf of his client.
這位律師代表當事人向法院提交了一份訴狀。
The judge ruled the restaurant had no liability for the accident and was not required to pay any money.
法官判定該餐廳不用為這起意外負責,因此不需要付任何錢。
Because the company’s liabilities far exceeded its assets, it was in danger of going bankrupt.
因為這間公司的負債遠超過其資產,它面臨破產的危機。
Out of work and 50 years old, Burt knew his age was a liability in finding new employment.
伯特失業且 50 歲了,他知道自己的年紀在找新工作上會是個麻煩。
The recall was issued to minimize the risk of product liability.
這次的產品回收是為了將產品責任風險降到最低。
Due to financial difficulties, Sam was in default on the car loan, and the bank threatened to take the vehicle.
山姆由於經濟困難而付不出汽車貸款,銀行便威脅著要拿走這臺車。
According to the rules set out by the organization, John will win this game by default if his opponent doesn’t show up in time.
根據該組織所定的規則,如果約翰的對手不及時出現,他將自動勝出。
In the contract, certain penalties were specified in case the company defaulted on any of its obligations.
在此合約中規定了某些罰則,以防該公司不履行任何義務。
The software settings will return to default if you reset the system.
如果你重設系統,軟體設定會回到預設值。
I can tell from Gina's face that she is in distress and badly in need of help.
我從吉娜臉上看出她萬分痛苦,急需援助。
Elizabeth played the role of a damsel in distress in the film.
依莉莎白在該片中扮演一名處於困境而急需援助的少女。
Sean isn't in a good mood because what the teacher said yesterday deeply distressed him.
尚恩心情不好,因為老師昨天說的話讓他很難過。
Abby's voice was filled with distress after she heard the bad news.
艾比在聽到壞消息後聲音充滿了悲痛。
To help improve the traffic situation in the city, the government decided to build a bypass.
政府為了幫助改善此城市的交通狀況,決定修建一條外環路。
The new highway will bypass the town entirely, which has some merchants worried they might lose business.
新的公路會完全繞過這小鎮,這讓一些商人擔心他們可能會沒有生意。
If you try to bypass your supervisor by talking directly to his superior, it will likely cause problems at work.
如果你試圖越過你的上司而直接和他的上司談,這可能會在工作上造成問題。
What prompted you to buy these flowers for me, Henry?
亨利,是什麼原因促使你買這些花給我?
I was pleased with the prompt delivery of my items.
我很高興我的東西被快速寄送。
When the actor forgot his line, one of his co-stars gave him a prompt.
那個演員忘詞時,聯合主演的另一個演員就幫他提詞。
The chemical spill prompted an emergency evacuation of the local residents.
這次化學物質外洩促使當地居民緊急撤離。
The more specific your prompt is, the more accurate the AI's answer will be.
提示詞越具體,AI 的回答就越精準。
Judy looked rather vulnerable standing in the corner on her own.
茱蒂獨自一人站在角落裡,看來非常柔弱。
Dorothy s behavior left her vulnerable to her schoolmates ’attacks.
桃樂絲的行為讓她飽受學校同學的攻擊。
Newborn infants are particularly vulnerable to the flu.
初生的嬰兒特別容易被傳染感冒。
Has there been any response to your letter?
你的信有回音了嗎?
In response to your letter dated July 1, we regret to say that we'll have to cancel the deal.
茲回覆臺端 7 月 1 日的來信,我們很遺憾表示,我們不得不取消這個交易。
Jason's response to my proposal was discouraging.
傑森對我的提議反應很令人沮喪。
The new policy caused a strong response among the public.
這項新政策激起了公眾強烈的反應。
The government was praised for working hard and fast to safeguard the country against the virus.
該政府因努力又迅速地保護國家免受病毒侵害而受到讚揚。
Regular exercise can help safeguard against chronic illnesses.
規律運動可幫助預防慢性病。
Senator Presley introduced this bill many years ago as a safeguard against domestic violence.
普利司理議員多年前引進這項法案來防止家暴發生。
The musician filed a lawsuit against the producer.
這位音樂人對製作人提起訴訟。
In response to your letter dated July 1, we regret to say that we’ll have to cancel the deal.
茲回覆臺端 7 月 1 日的來信,我們很遺憾表示,我們不得不取消這個交易。
We're on schedule, so we'll have no trouble rolling out the new product.
我們按時間表進行中,所以推出新產品不成問題。
My business trip to New York coincided with Thanksgiving, so I indulged in a big turkey dinner there.
我去紐約出差時剛好遇上感恩節,所以我在那兒縱情享用了一頓火雞大餐。
Don't trust Albert. What he said is far from the truth.
不要相信艾伯特。他說的一點都不是事實。