文意選填 | 無挖空完整文章(請點我)
While dogs are often praised for being loyal and the go-to choice for security, another creature offers a surprisingly effective alternative: the goose. These highly territorial birds have sharp senses, including keen eyesight and hearing. They can be conditioned to recognize people and __1__ familiar and unfamiliar individuals. Compared to dogs, geese are cost-effective solutions for guarding large areas because they don’t require daily walks or special __2__. History has demonstrated their effectiveness in security roles.
Stock prices fell due to rumors of a company merger.
因為公司合併的傳聞甚囂塵上,股價便下跌了。
I’m sorry, but we no longer have that book in stock.
很抱歉,那本書我們現在沒有貨。
We have a huge stock of quality sportswear on sale.
我們庫存了許多質料不錯的運動休閒服來賣。
We have a good stock of snacks in the cupboard― please help yourself.
我們的櫥櫃裡儲備了很多零食 ⸺ 請自取。
This shop stocks a wide range of outdoor equipment.
這家店備有多種的戶外用品。
There’s a typhoon coming, so we should stock up on bottled water.
颱風要來了,所以我們要多囤積些瓶裝水。
On Christmas Eve, the children were on the alert for any sign of Santa Claus.
在耶誕夜,孩子們隨時注意聖誕老人出現的蛛絲馬跡。
Police officers are always alert to possible danger.
警察對可能發生的危險隨時保持警覺。
We should alert everyone to the dangers of smoking.
我們應該提醒每個人警覺抽菸的危險。
We should awaken everyone to the dangers of smoking.
我們應該提醒每個人警覺抽菸的危險。
Five squads are on patrol day and night to keep the enemy at bay.
日夜都有五個小隊巡邏,確保敵軍無法接近。
Athletes are conditioned to overcome physical pain and exhaustion to achieve success.
運動員經過訓練,能克服身體的疼痛和疲憊以獲得成功。
I was caught off guard when my parents told me they were getting a divorce.
當父母告訴我他們要離婚時,我感到措手不及。
We should alert everyone to the dangers of smoking.
我們應該提醒每個人警覺抽菸的危險。
Lily told her son to watch out for snakes in the woods.
莉莉告誡她的兒子要小心森林裡出沒的蛇。