



Directions: In this part, you will read a selection of texts, such as magazine and newspaper articles, letters, and advertisements. Each text is followed by several questions. Select the best answer for each question and mark the letter (A), (B), (C), or (D) on your answer sheet.
![]() |
||
| 大題 / 題型 | 題數 | 答題時間 |
| Part 7 Reading Comprehension 單篇閱讀 | 29(10 則單篇閱讀,每則 2-4 題) | 每題 60秒 |
Questions 1-2 refer to the following lease.
|
1. What is suggested about the agreement? |
| 2. In which of the positions marked ①, ②, ③, and ④ does the following sentence best belong? "However, written notice must be given 60 days prior to the end of the lease." (A) ① (B) ② (C) ③ (D) ④ |
| 試題攻略 |
1. 本合約表明了什麼?
(A) 該合約將於 2018 年一月一日到期。
(B) 租金應於每月月底前繳付。
(C) 給公寓配備傢俱是房東的責任。
(D) 只有經雙方同意, 合約才可以延長約期。
理由
根據本文第二段, 經房東和房客雙方同意即可續約,故 (D) 項應為正選。
2. 在標記 ①、②、③、④ 的四個位置當中, 哪一項為下列句子的最佳位置?「然合約終止六十天前須書面通知。」
(A) ① (B) ② (C) ③ (D) ③
理由
根據本文第二段, 合約期滿後, 房東或房客任一方皆可終止合約。此處講述終止合約的條件, 而此題的句子「然合約終止六十天前須書面通知。」亦和終止合約相關, 放在此處較為合理, 故 (B) 項應為正選。
中文翻譯
試題答案:1. D 2. B
The premise that disagreeing with the government means one is not patriotic is unfair and unjustified.
一個人不贊同政府就代表他不愛國的假定既不公平也不正確。
The business owner was hoping to move his store to new premises that were larger and in a better location.
該業主希望可以把店面搬到較大、地點較好的新場所。
You can't just take other people's stuff without their consent / permission. That’s stealing!
你不能不經同意就拿走別人的東西。那算偷竊!
Robert's photograph was, by common consent among the panel of judges, the best, so he won the competition.
評審團大部分的人都同意羅伯特拍攝的照片最棒,所以他贏得了比賽。
My girlfriend's father finally consented to our marriage.
我女朋友的父親終於同意了我們的婚事。
Professor Davis consented to give Laurie more time to complete her assignment.
戴維斯教授同意給蘿蕊多一點時間來完成她的功課。
Due to financial difficulties, Sam was in default on the car loan, and the bank threatened to take the vehicle.
山姆由於經濟困難而付不出汽車貸款,銀行便威脅著要拿走這臺車。
According to the rules set out by the organization, John will win this game by default if his opponent doesn’t show up in time.
根據該組織所定的規則,如果約翰的對手不及時出現,他將自動勝出。
In the contract, certain penalties were specified in case the company defaulted on any of its obligations.
在此合約中規定了某些罰則,以防該公司不履行任何義務。
The software settings will return to default if you reset the system.
如果你重設系統,軟體設定會回到預設值。
I will not move into the house until it is fully furnished.
房子要到傢俱配置好之後我才會搬進去。
This company furnishes you with all the equipment you’ll need for camping.
這家公司提供你露營所需的一切裝備。
This company provides you with all the equipment you’ll need for camping.
這家公司提供你露營所需的一切裝備。
Lauren went to a nice dinner party on Friday night.
蘿倫週五晚上去了一個很棒的晚宴派對。
Hal threw a big party and invited many friends.
海爾舉辦了一場大派對,也邀了很多朋友。
Jeffrey is tired today because he partied last night.
傑佛瑞昨晚去狂歡,所以今天很累。
We're a party of five.
我們共有五位。
Professor Davis consented to give Laurie more time to complete her assignment.
戴維斯教授同意給蘿蕊多一點時間來完成她的功課。
My girlfriend's father finally consented to our marriage.
我女朋友的父親終於同意了我們的婚事。
I deem it an honor to be chosen to attend the ceremony.我認為獲選參加該典禮是一項榮譽。
I am subject to headaches.
我很容易頭痛。
Prices are subject to change.
價格隨時可能變動。
恭喜答對獲得 熊贈點 1點
