



名詞子句均有名詞的功能,如同名詞一樣,在句中可做主詞、受詞、或做 be 動詞之後的補語。
1. 名詞子句可做主詞——『戴慧怡』皆適用
例 That Paul works hard is true.
(保羅很用功是事實。)
Whether John'll come remains to be seen.
(約翰是否會來有待觀察。)
When Tom left is still a mystery.
(湯姆何時離開的仍是個謎。)注意 :
名詞子句做主詞時往往會造成主詞過大的現象。因此多以 it 代替名詞子句,形成下列的改寫句:
It is true that Paul works hard.
It remains to be seen whether John will come.
It is still a mystery when Tom left.
2. 名詞子句可做動詞的受詞——『戴慧怡』皆適用
例: I know (that) Peter works hard.
*that 子句做動詞的受詞時,that 可予省略。
I don't know whether David'll come.
I wonder when Tom left.
I wonder what my friends got me for my birthday.
我很想知道我朋友買給我什麼生日禮物。
I was wondering about the proper way to respond to my boss’ message.
我想知道如何恰當地回應老闆的訊息。
Carl had a look of wonder on his face at that moment.
那一刻卡爾臉上帶著驚訝的表情。
Aspirin works wonders for a headache.
阿斯匹靈對治療頭痛很有效。
No wonder the remote doesn’t work. The batteries are dead.
難怪遙控器不能用。電池沒電了。
The mechanic joined the two wires together.
這位技工將 2 條電線接起來。
I joined the drama club last year.
我去年加入了戲劇社。
Would you like to join us in going dancing tonight?
你今晚要跟我們一起去跳舞嗎?
Do you know where the two rivers join?
你知道這兩條河在哪裡交會嗎?
The vase has been fixed, but you can still see the join.
這個花瓶修好了,但仍可以看到接縫處。
I was surprised at the news.
我對那消息感到驚訝。
