主題寫作
提示
在今年三月的奧斯卡頒獎典禮中, 一位頒獎嘉賓開了一位 明星老婆的玩笑, 惹怒了該明星, 該明星直接上臺揍了他一拳。 請以此新聞為題, 寫一篇文長至少 120 個單詞( words) 的英 文作文。 文分兩段, 第一段說明自己對這位明星行為的看法; 第二段請說明若遇到自己的朋友被冒犯, 你會如何應對。
動動腦
| 利用 2W + 1H (What + Who + How) | |
| 何事 | What action might you take if confronted with any form of abuse ? |
| 何人 | Who around you has ever experienced mental / verbal / physical abuse ? |
| 如何 | How would you respond to these abuses or help others overcome them ? |
大綱
第一段: 我反對使用暴力來應對言語虐待。
• 生理跟言語的傷害都會在受害者的心中留下 永久的傷疤。
• 在全球現場直播時,攻擊他人是無法讓人容 忍的事情。
第二段: 如果我的朋友受到侮辱,我肯定會立即採取 行動。
• 我會告訴施暴者停止他們的行為並嘗試站在 受害者的角度思考。
• 我會要求施暴者真誠地向受害者道歉,然後 我會提供受害者情緒上的支持。
• 如果事情失控,我會向老師尋求幫助
第一段: I oppose using violence in response to verbal abuse.
a. Both physical and verbal abuse leave permanent emotional scars in the victims.
b. Attacking someone during a live, worldwide TV broadcast is extremely inappropriate.
第二段: If my friends were insulted at school, I would take immediate action.
a. I would tell the offenders to stop their behavior and put themselves in the victim’s shoes.
b. I would demand that the offenders sincerely apologize to the victims and offer the victims my emotional support.
c. If things were beyond my control, I would turn to the teacher for help.
結論句: No one should have to tolerate insults from others.
範文
The incident of a movie star slapping a presenter at an awards show for telling a bad joke about his wife has caused a fierce debate. Some claim that the presenter deserved the slap because his joke was offensive. I, however, oppose using violence to respond to verbal abuse since any form of abuse would leave a deep emotional scar in the victim. Moreover, any act of aggression against someone during a live, worldwide TV broadcast is extremely inappropriate.
If my friends were insulted, I would definitely take immediate action. First of all, I would tell the offenders to stop their behavior and try to put themselves in the victim’s shoes. In addition, I would demand that the offenders sincerely apologize to the victims. Then I would offer the victims my emotional support. If things spun out of control, I would turn to the teacher for help. After all, what it all comes down to is the lack of mutual respect. No one should have to tolerate insults from others.
Mary slapped her boyfriend across the face when he said something insulting to her.
瑪莉賞了他男友一巴掌,因為他說了汙辱她的話。
Olivia gave her brother a slap because he had snuck out gambling again.
奧莉薇亞打了她弟弟一巴掌,因為他又偷跑出去賭博。
When a less experienced coworker got promoted instead of her, it was a slap in the face to Tina.
當獲得升遷的不是蒂娜,而是一位較無經驗的同事時,這對蒂娜來說是個侮辱。
While looking down at his smartphone, Ralph walked slap into a wall.
雷夫看著智慧型手機的同時,就直接撞上牆了。
Many Muslims regard the politician’s comments as deeply offensive.
很多回教徒認為這政治家的評論很無禮。
The government official thinks that to beef up our defense, we should buy more offensive weapons.
該政府官員認為若要加強我們的防禦,就應多購置攻擊性武器。
We took the offensive against the invading army.
我們對入侵的部隊展開攻勢。
I oppose adopting Tim’s proposal because I don’t think it is feasible.
我反對採納提姆的方案,因為我認為那行不通。
I’m opposed to adopting Tim’s proposal because I don’t think it is feasible.
我反對採納提姆的方案,因為我認為那行不通。
I object to adopting Tim’s proposal because I don’t think it is feasible.
我反對採納提姆的方案,因為我認為那行不通。
The host asked the singer how she came up with the song, and she responded that it all just came out naturally.
主持人問那位歌手她是怎麼想出這首歌的,她回答說這一切都是自然而然寫出來的。
I asked Katie a math question and she responded to it quickly.
我問凱蒂一個數學問題,她很快便回答我。
The patient responded well to the new medicine.
病人對新藥的反應良好。
The teacher responded with a smile when the students waved at her.
當學生們向那位老師揮手時,她報以微笑。
Do you know who took my book?
你知道誰拿走我的書嗎?
Eric took his children to the amusement park.
艾瑞克帶他的小孩到遊樂園。
Grace takes a bus to work every day.
葛瑞絲每天搭公車去上班。
It took me five hours to finish the book.
我花了 5 個小時看完那本書。
What's your take on this issue?
你對這個議題的看法為何?
We should all learn to give and take.
我們都應該學會互相讓步。
Julie's demanding job has taken a toll on her health.
茱莉吃力的工作已經對她的健康造成損害。
If you don't take my words seriously, you'll certainly fail the finals.
假如你不把我的話當一回事,你期末考一定過不了。
Men now take on more responsibility at home than before.
比起以前,男性現在承擔更多家務的責任。
The factory has a reputation for spinning fine wool yarn.
這座工廠紡的細緻羊毛線相當有名。
The sailor spun a story about his trip to Egypt.
這位水手編了一個他到埃及的冒險故事。
The dancer spun around and around but never fell over.
這名舞者不停地轉圈,卻不會摔倒。
The dancer took the woman by the hand and gave her a spin.
舞者用手挽著女子並讓她旋轉。
The spinning lights made the stage look magical.
旋轉的燈光讓舞臺看起來很魔幻。
The director put a modern spin on the classic fairy tale.
這位導演為該經典童話加入了一個現代化的巧妙改動。
Though verbal abuse leaves no signs of visible harm, some people consider it worse than physical abuse.
言語虐待雖然沒有明顯的傷痕,有些人認為這種虐待卻比身體虐待更嚴重。
Local authorities have given the construction company verbal approval to begin the project.
地方當局口頭上已經准許該建築公司開工。
I’m sick of the politicians’ verbal attacks on each other.
我對政客間的口水戰已經覺得很厭煩了。
I asked Katie a math question and she responded to it quickly.
我問凱蒂一個數學問題,她很快便回答我。
The patient responded well to the new medicine.
病人對新藥的反應良好。
The company responded to customer concerns by improving safety.
該公司透過提升安全性來應對顧客的疑慮。
Let ’s take action before it is too late.
我們採取行動以免太遲。
Try to put yourself in Andy's shoes since he is also struggling to make that decision.
試著站在安迪的角度想,因為他也很掙扎要不要做那個決定。
Things just spun out of control after the workers went on strike.
在工人開始罷工之後,事情就一發不可收拾。
After learning about the conflict between Nina's mom and her, what it all comes down to is their lack of communication.
在得知妮娜與其母親之間的紛爭後,歸根結底就是她們缺乏溝通。