閱讀測驗
Imagine you’re flying into Kyiv, the capital of Ukraine. You’re gazing out of the airplane window at a dull, concrete landscape. Suddenly, an oasis of color comes into view. It looks as though someone used LEGO blocks to build a vibrant city atop a gray carpet. Every color of the rainbow is represented in this feast for the eyes.
This complex is not the LEGO project of some oversized child. Rather, it is Comfort Town, a development project by the Ukrainian architectural firm Archimatika. In response to the colorless, Soviet-era residential district of Kyiv, Archimatika decided to do exactly the opposite. Their goal was to give Ukrainians something lively and new to embrace.
Karen gazed at Johnson in amazement when he said that he would marry his elementary schoolmate, Joan.
強森說他要娶小學同學瓊安時,凱倫驚訝地盯著他看。
When the woman looked over at him, Ben averted his gaze.
當女子看著班時,他移開視線。
I met Judy’s gaze across the crowded dance floor.
我和茱蒂在擁擠的舞池中目光相會。
We have a big Thanksgiving Day feast every year.
我們每年都有盛大的感恩節大餐宴會。
The film festival should be a real feast for moviegoers.
電影節對愛看電影的人來說應該是一大樂事。
Tonight we are going to feast on turkey and mashed potatoes.
今晚我們要吃一頓火雞和馬鈴薯泥大餐。
I feasted my eyes on the beauty of the valley, feeling as if I were in heaven.
我飽覽山谷之美,覺得自己彷彿置身於天堂般。
The mother embraced her baby, tenderly coaxing it to sleep.
母親溫柔地擁抱著寶寶,哄他入睡。
When Patricia saw her good friend Herman on the street, they embraced.
派翠西亞在街上遇到好友赫曼時,他們抱了一下。
The young couple held each other in a long embrace, apparently losing all track of time.
這對年輕情侶久久地摟抱著彼此,似乎忘了時間流逝。
We should embrace this opportunity to learn new skills and adapt to the changing market. 我們應該擁抱這個機會去學習新的技能,以及適應不斷變化的市場。
Tom is introverted. By contrast, his brother John is extroverted.
湯姆很內向。相對之下,他哥哥約翰就很外向。
The puppy appears small in contrast to its mother.
這隻小狗和母狗比起來模樣小多了。
When you contrast Edward with Henry, you’ll find a big difference between them in terms of personality.
你將愛德華與亨利對比時,會發現兩人的個性有很大的差異。
I wear glasses to improve my vision.
我戴眼鏡以改善我的視力。
It is said that the children saw a vision of an angel here.
據說這些孩子在這裡看到天使的影像。
The mayor had a vision of changing this area into a lovely park.
這位市長有構想要把這個地區變成一座美麗的公園。
A great leader must be a person of vision.
偉大的領袖必須是個有遠見的人。
When the fog lifted, a house came into view.
當霧散去後,一間屋子映入眼簾。
In response to your letter dated July 1, we regret to say that we’ll have to cancel the deal.
茲回覆臺端 7 月 1 日的來信,我們很遺憾表示,我們不得不取消這個交易。
The hotel offers various services. There is even a 24-hour fitness center on site.
該飯店提供許多服務。裡面甚至有二十四小時開放的健身中心。
My grandmother loves to sit on the bench beneath
the tree in the courtyard.
我祖母喜歡坐在中庭大樹下面的長椅上。