翻譯
請將以下兩個題組的中文句子譯成正確、 通順、 達意的英文。
A 題組
1. 閱讀有很多益處,它可作為吸收新知的一種方式,或是令人放鬆的休閒活動。
___________________________________________________________________________.
2. 此外,耶魯(Yale)大學的研究顯示,經常閱讀的人平均擁有較長的壽命。
___________________________________________________________________________.
1. 第一題可譯為:
Reading has lots of benefits and can serve as a way of absorbing new knowledge or as a relaxing leisure activity.
2. 第二題可譯為:
In addition, research from Yale University indicates that people who read regularly have a longer lifespan on average.
B 題組
1. 在做任何運動之前,建議先評估一下自己身體狀況以避免運動傷害。
___________________________________________________________________________.
2. 運動過程中,務必要不時地喝水,而且如果覺得身體不適就應該立即停止運動。
___________________________________________________________________________.
1. 第一題可譯為:
Before you do any exercise, it is recommended that you evaluate your physical condition to prevent sports injuries.
2. 第二題可譯為:
During exercise, make sure to drink water from time to time, and if you feel unwell, you should stop exercising immediately / right away.
My trip to the US was a benefit of my job.
我的美國之旅是工作上的一項福利。
The doctor said a long rest would benefit the patient.
醫生說長時間休息將會有益於該病患。
Everyone will benefit from the new road.
那條新路會造福每個人。
Reading every day brings great benefits to students.
每天閱讀會對學生帶來很大的益處。
Sponges are used to absorb liquids.
海綿可用來吸收液體。
I couldn’t absorb everything I read.
所有讀過的東西我並非都能理解。
I was so absorbed in my work that I didn’t hear you calling me.
我太投入工作,因此沒聽到你在叫我。
I was so buried in my work that I didn’t hear you calling me.
我太投入工作,因此沒聽到你在叫我。
We cannot make a final decision until the boss has evaluated the situation.
直到老闆評估了這個情況後,我們才能做最後的決定。
We cannot make a final decision until the boss has sized up the situation.
直到老闆評估了這個情況後,我們才能做最後的決定。
We cannot make a final decision until the boss has assessed the situation.
直到老闆評估了這個情況後,我們才能做最後的決定。
We cannot make a final decision until the boss has appraised the situation.
直到老闆評估了這個情況後,我們才能做最後的決定。
This book can serve as a guide to help you learn to cook.
這本書可作為幫助你學習烹調的指南。
Sharon's excellent speaking skills allow her to serve as the host of the event.
雪倫傑出的演講技巧使她得以擔任這場活動的主持人。
The survey of women in six Asian countries indicates that Korean women are the least satisfied with their looks.
那項針對亞洲 6 國女性的調查顯示,韓國女性對外貌的滿意度最低。
On average, we work five hours overtime each week.
平均而言,我們一星期加班 5 小時。
Considering his physical condition, Roger decided to retire from American football.
考慮到自己的身體狀況,羅傑決定從美式足球界退休。
It is recommended that you exercise three times a week for your health.
為了你的健康,建議你每週運動三次。
You’d better make sure (that) all the answers are correct.
你最好確認所有答案都是正確的。
My parents come to Taipei to see me from time to time.
我父母偶爾會來臺北看我。