克漏字 | 無挖空完整文章(請點我)
No visit to Vietnam would be complete without experiencing the magic of a water puppet performance. This ancient art form has been entertaining audiences in that country since the 10th century. __1__, water puppetry takes place in the water. Originally, flooded rice paddies were used as the stage. Today, however, most shows are performed in a pool of water. The puppeteers have to stand in chest-deep water behind a screen to hide from the audience. They skillfully maneuver the puppets’ arms using bamboo rods and strings hidden beneath the surface of the water. __2__ this is a demanding performance, becoming a skilled water puppeteer can take decades.
Water puppetry began long ago as a way for farmers to entertain their fellow villagers. As it grew in popularity, it was added to the various performances that occurred at the annual rice harvest festivals. Eventually, it found its way into the royal courts of Vietnam, greatly increasing __3__ of the art.
I twisted my head around to see what was going on.
我轉頭看發生了什麼事。
Be honest. Don't twist the truth.
要老實。別扭曲事實。
I don’t like John because he tends to twist people's words.
我不喜歡約翰,因為他常曲解大家的話。
Terry gave the cap of the jar another twist to open it.
泰瑞又扭轉了罐子的瓶蓋一次,試圖打開它。
When Jerry heard the music, he rushed onto the dance floor to do the twist.
傑瑞一聽到音樂就衝進舞池跳扭扭舞。
The movie had a twist at the end that surprised everyone.
這部電影在結尾有個轉折,讓所有人都感到驚訝。
Zach seems like a friendly fellow, doesn’t he?
查克看起來是個很和善的人,不是嗎?
Sue often missed her fellows in the dance club.
蘇常想念她在舞蹈社的同伴。
Victor is a research fellow at Harvard University.
維特是哈佛大學領有獎學金的研究生。
This is Michael, a fellow salesman at my company.
這位是邁可,他是我公司的業務同仁。
I watched Tiffany’s expression as she tore open the envelope and unfolded the letter.
蒂芬妮撕開信封並攤開信時,我看著她臉上的表情。
As the event unfolded that day, more and more problems came up.
那天隨著活動展開,越來越多問題浮現。
The writer wrote the novel in such a way that as the story unfolds, the suspense builds.
這名作家寫這本小說的方式為,懸疑感隨著故事展開而增加。
The lifeguard plunged / jumped into the river and saved the drowning boy.
救生員跳入河中,救起即將溺斃的男孩。
Lilly decided to take the plunge and set up a design
studio of her own.
莉莉決定放手一搏,要成立自己的設計工作室。
During COVID-19, Bill expected housing prices to plunge, but they stayed about the same.
新冠肺炎期間,比爾預期房價會驟跌,但房價仍維持不變。
You can scatter some sand on the ice so you don’t slip.
在冰上撒點沙子,這樣你就不會滑倒了。
The strong wind scattered the leaves all around.
一陣強風把葉子吹得四散。
The mob began to scatter in all directions after riot police fired tear gas.
鎮暴警察發射催淚瓦斯後,暴民開始四散離開。
There were no people in the square; just a scatter of birds.
廣場上沒有人,只有零星的鳥兒。
The unclear instructions scattered responsibility across the team.
不清楚的指示使責任被攤分到整個團隊。
At first I thought Dudley was boring, but as we talked, I found him very amusing.
一開始我以為杜德里很無趣,但當我們談過話後,我才發現他是個很寶的人。
I read an amusing story in today's newspaper.
我在今天的報紙上看到一篇有趣的報導。
It is quite amusing to see my dog wearing sunglasses and sitting in my car.
看到我的狗狗戴墨鏡坐在我的車內相當有趣。
Earthquakes are common in this part of the world.
在地球的這一帶,地震可說是司空見慣。
We had a common goal, so we decided to work together.
我們有共同的目標,所以決定要一起合作。
Even though we are twins, we have very little in common with each other.
雖然我們是雙胞胎,彼此的共同點卻很少。
It has been raining since I left for work this morning.
從早上我去上班後,雨就一直下個不停。
Since there is no more work, we can all go home.
由於沒工作要做了,我們全都可以回家。
We haven't seen each other since last year.
我們從去年起就沒見過面了。
Luke moved to Belgium three years ago, and I haven’t seen him since.
路克 3 年前搬去比利時,自那之後我便沒再見過他了。
While we were having dinner, the phone rang.
我們在吃晚餐時,電話響了。
Linda likes singing, while Peter enjoys dancing.
琳達喜歡唱歌,而彼得喜歡跳舞。
While Vivian's thin, she can eat a lot.
雖然薇薇安很瘦,但她可以吃很多。
I'll stay here for a while.
我將在這裡停留一會兒。
Aaron whiled his weekend away playing Nintendo Switch games.
艾倫週末玩任天堂的 Switch 遊戲消磨時間。
Despite our best efforts, we couldn’t save the dying man.
儘管我們盡了最大的努力,還是無法挽救那位垂死的人。
In spite of our best efforts, we couldn’t save the dying man.
儘管我們盡了最大的努力,還是無法挽救那位垂死的人。
Notwithstanding our best efforts, we couldn’t save the dying man.
儘管我們盡了最大的努力,還是無法挽救那位垂死的人。
We failed to win the tug-of-war despite the fact that we had tried our best.
儘管我們盡了最大的努力,還是無法贏得這場拔河比賽。
The new undersea tunnel will be completed soon.
那座新的海底隧道很快就會完工。
You need a complete change of diet.
你必須完全改變飲食。
No trip to Taiwan is complete without a visit to the night markets.
沒去過夜市,臺灣之行就不算完整。
Finally, the work on the opera house is complete.
歌劇院的工程終於完成了。
Billy is heading to the station to catch a train to Taipei.
比利正前往火車站要搭火車去臺北。
This book can serve as a guide to help you learn to cook.
這本書可作為幫助你學習烹調的指南。
Sharon's excellent speaking skills allow her to serve as the host of the event.
雪倫傑出的演講技巧使她得以擔任這場活動的主持人。
That actress has grown in popularity after starring in the hit movie.
那位女演員演出那部賣座電影後越來越受歡迎。
The meeting will take place on Thursday afternoon.
這場會議會在週四下午舉辦。
No dinner would be complete without dessert.
少了甜點,晚餐就不算完美。
The new regulations are contrary to the public interest.
新規定和公共利益相對立。
To Bill's surprise, he was given a raise last month.
讓比爾驚訝的是,上個月他被加薪了。
To my surprise, the lazy student did quite well on the test.
令我驚訝的是,那個懶惰的學生考試考得挺好的。
As it turns out, our new manager is Amy, not Luke.
結果我們新的經理是艾咪,不是路克。