文化之窗 |本集 精彩教學影片(講解老師:Stevie & Betty 老師)
影片可開啟字幕:字幕由 AI 生成可能有誤,僅供讀者參考學習使用
Adam and Lily are discussing Lily's trip abroad next month.
A: I’m so excited about the long holiday coming up. Are you going anywhere for it?
L: Yes, I’m traveling to Japan with my family.
A: That’s great! Are you all set?
L: Almost. I’m still trying to figure out the best way to get internet access. I usually change my SIM card, but it’s really inconvenient, and I’m always worried I’ll lose it.
A: I get that. Why not try an eSIM? It’s way more convenient than a regular SIM since you don’t need to insert anything into your phone.
L: I’ve heard of eSIMs before, but I thought that kind of technology would be too complicated for me.
A: It’s actually the opposite! All you need to do is choose a company you trust that offers eSIM service. You can check online for other people’s recommendations.
L: OK. Then what?
A: Find a data plan that suits your needs and place the order. You’ll receive an email with a QR code and then just scan it with your phone to install the eSIM. After that, simply follow the setup instructions provided by the eSIM company.
L: And that’s it?
A: Pretty much. Once you arrive, just turn it on, and you’re good to go.
L: That sounds simple enough. Should I buy it ahead of time?
A: Definitely. I recommend it.
L: Perfect! I’ll order one tonight so I don’t have to worry about anything when I land. Thanks for the tip!
The only means of access to the building is along a muddy track.
沿著一條泥濘小路是到那棟大樓的唯一途徑。
Students in this school have easy access to the lab.
該校的學生可隨時使用實驗室。
You need a card to access the building at night.
晚上時,你需要用一張卡來進入那棟建築。
Every time I access this file, my computer crashes.
每當我要讀取這個檔案時,我的電腦就會當機。
The new trail provides easier access to the waterfall.
這條新步道讓通往瀑布的路線更為便利。
I live next to the bank opposite the train station.
我住在火車站對面的銀行旁邊。
Everyone says that Jane is a nice girl, but I hold the opposite view.
每個人都說珍是好女孩,不過我卻持相反的看法。
I didn't mean to hurt you ― quite the opposite. I was trying to help you.
我並非故意要傷害你 ── 事實正好相反。我一直想幫你。
Ted finally told the woman sitting opposite to put out her cigarette.
泰德最後要坐在對面的女子把菸熄掉。
Emily's calm personality is the complete opposite of Jack's energy.
艾蜜莉冷靜的個性正好與傑克的活力完全相反。
This church offers English instruction to immigrants.
這間教堂為移民提供英語指導。
Follow my instructions carefully, or you’re likely to make mistakes.
小心地遵從我的指示,否則你可能會犯錯。
Read the instructions carefully before operating the machine.
仔細看完說明書後再操作機器。
I'm not sure what to do. What's your recommendation?
我不知道該怎麼做,你有什麼建議嗎?
Could you write me a recommendation for my university application?
你可以為我的大學入學申請寫一封推薦信嗎?
Gina gave me a great book recommendation last week.
吉娜上週推薦我一本很棒的書籍。
I’m going to try the seafood paella because Josie highly recommended it.
我要去吃吃看西班牙海鮮燉飯,因為喬西超推薦它。
The teacher recommends us to read the questions twice before answering them.
老師建議我們在回答問題前要把問題先看兩遍。
The manager recommended that the meeting (should) be put off.
經理建議將會議時間延期
Could you help me scan these old photographs into the computer?
你能不能幫我把這些老照片掃描進電腦裡?
Before the document could be emailed, it first had to be scanned.
需要先掃描文件後,才能用電子郵件寄出。
The scan showed that the cancer cells had spread, and the patient needed an immediate operation.
掃描結果顯示病患的癌細胞擴散了,需要立即動手術。
Peter scanned the Yellow Pages looking for the number of a plumber.
彼得概略看過工商電話簿,找尋水電行的電話。
Every morning, Jake likes to scan through the newspaper while eating breakfast.
傑克每天早上都喜歡邊瀏覽報紙邊吃早餐。
We need to figure out a way to fix this problem.
我們得想出個方法來解決這個問題。
The service was changed to suit customers’needs.
這項服務被調整,以符合顧客的需求。
The new building will be finished ahead of time.
這棟新大樓將提前完工。