生活快遞 |本集 精彩教學影片(講解老師:Chris & Antony 老師)
As time went on, white flags became more closely linked with surrender. The change happened slowly, but a few key events helped speed up this process. In 1625, Hugo Grotius, a Dutch jurist, wrote about white flags in his famous book on the laws of war. He stated that a white flag could be used to request peace talks. This further helped spread the idea that white flags were about ending fights.
Our car was traveling at high speed.
我們的車子正高速行駛。
The car was traveling at a speed of 90 mph.
這輛車以每小時 90 英里的速度行駛。
The car sped down the road.
346 這車沿著馬路疾駛而去。
Speed up, or we’ll be late.
快一點,否則我們會遲到。
The taxi sped the old lady to the hospital.
計程車載老太太飛速到醫院。
My boss thought my report was too lengthy, so I had to cut it short at his request.
老闆認為我的報告過於冗長,所以我只好應他要求把報告裁短一些。
For those who are interested in this investment, we have a lot of booklets on request.
對於本投資有興趣的人,我們準備了許多小冊子備索。
May we request the honor of your presence at our gathering?
我們可否有此榮幸邀您出席我們的聚會?
Since the holiday is drawing near, I request that the meeting (should) be put off until sometime next month.
由於假期在即,我要求會議延到下個月其他時間另行召開。
Hannah negotiated a pay raise with her boss.
漢娜與老闆商量加薪事宜。
The boss negotiated with the sales manager about raising the price of the product.
老闆和業務經理商量有關提高產品價格之事宜。
The two firms negotiated for hours without reaching an agreement.
那兩間公司協商了好幾個小時仍未達成協議。
It’s a universal truth that people need to be loved.
人人皆需要愛,舉世皆然。
Smiling is a universal expression.
微笑是全世界共通的語言。
The philosophy professor talked about universals, such as the need to feel loved.
哲學教授談到了一些普遍的概念,如被愛的需要。
Speed up, or we’ll be late.
快一點,否則我們會遲到。
My brother and I couldn't agree on what to buy our parents for their wedding anniversary, so we just got them flowers.
我哥跟我對要買什麼結婚週年禮物給爸媽意見不一,所以我們只買了花給他們。
I have difficulty communicating with a stubborn man like Tony.
我很難與像東尼那樣固執的人溝通。