



更清楚地解釋你的本意,並糾正他人對你的言談產生的誤解,這些都很重要,為的就是要避免誤會。
這個單元包含許多有效的字詞片語供你使用,以確保你的本意能被理解。

Ex: What I mean by that is we are in an excellent position to dominate the market.
(我那麼說的意思是,我們景況絕佳足以支配該市場。)
*dominate [ˋdɑmə͵net] vt. 支配,統治

Ex: Let me put it another way: if we don't relocate our factory now, we may not get another opportunity.
(讓我換個方式說明:如果我們現在不遷廠,可能就不再有機會了。)

Ex: Let me rephrase that: It's a great idea, but it might not be the best idea.
(讓我換個說法:這是個很棒的構想,但卻可能不是最好的構想。)
*rephrase [riˋfrez] vt. 改變措辭來說明

Ex: Maybe I haven't made myself clear: we need more staff right now.
(或許我沒說清楚:我們現在需要更多員工。)

Ex: Just to clarify, that doesn't mean we need to cut costs.
(只是想闡明,那不表示我們需要削減成本。)

Ex: Let me put it this way: we must spend more on advertising this quarter.
(讓我這麼說吧:我們本季必須花更多廣告費。)

Ex: What I'm basically trying to say is that maybe we should look at another approach.
(基本上我想說的是,或許我們應該考慮另一種方法。)

Ex: Actually your interpretation is not correct: I meant overtime is voluntary, not mandatory.
(其實,你的解釋並不正確:我指的加班是自願性的,不是強制性的。)

Ex: I'm afraid that was not my intended meaning. I don't mean that anyone will be fired.
(恐怕那不是我的本意。我不是指有人要被解雇。)

Ex: I'm sorry, but you are mistaken: that's not what I said at all.
(我很抱歉,你誤解了:那根本不是我的意思。)
The strong animal dominated the weak animal.
這隻強壯的動物支配那隻弱小的動物。
The big mountain dominates the landscape.
這座大山俯瞰四周的景色。
The house on the hilltop dominates the whole valley.
山頂上的這間房子可俯瞰整座山谷。
The house on the hilltop overlooks the whole valley.
山頂上的這間房子可俯瞰整座山谷。
The investigators are still unable to find the prime cause of that plane crash.
調查人員仍找不出那起飛機失事的主因。
Matthew once played a part in the prime time television series.
馬修曾在黃金時段電視影集中擔任一角。
Mr. Clinton was a very successful businessman in his prime.
柯林頓先生壯年時期是個非常成功的生意人。
Mr. Clinton was a very successful businessman in the prime of life.
柯林頓先生壯年時期是個非常成功的生意人。
