在某些公司行號中,開會這件事已變得聲名狼籍。這些機構的職員可能會抱怨會議是非常浪費時間的一件事。很多時候,他們說得沒錯,因為這些會議既漫無目標又容易偏離主題。在本單元中,你會發現這個問題的解決之道。使用這些措辭來讓你下一次的商務集會不再離題吧。
I don't really think sth pertains to the discussion. 我實在認為某事與這次的討論無關。
Ex: I don't really think Bill's personal problems pertain to the discussion.
(我實在認為比爾的私事與這次的討論無關。)
* pertain [pɚˋten] vi. 有關(與介詞 to 並用)
We shouldn't digress from the main issue. 我們不應該偏離主題。
Ex: We shouldn't digress from the main issue. Let's keep to the topic.
(我們不應該偏離主要議題。咱們繼續談論主題吧。)
* digress [daɪˋgrɛs] vi. 離題(與介詞 from 並用)
Are you sure sth is really relevant? 你確定(某事)真的和此相關嗎?
Ex: Are you sure that concern is really relevant (to this matter)?
(你確定你擔心掛念的那件事(和此事)真的相關嗎?)
I think we're getting a bit off-track. 我認為我們有些離題了。
Ex: I think we're getting a bit off-track by discussing that point.
(我認為我們討論到那一點就有些離題了。)
Let's stick to the main issue. 咱們堅守主題吧。
Ex: Let's stick to the main issue. We need to make a decision soon.
(咱們堅守主題。我們需要儘快做出決定。)
Sth is off-topic. 某事離題了。
Ex: James, sorry, but I think your comment is off-topic.
(抱歉,詹姆士,我認為你的評論是題外話。)
I don't see the connection. 我看不出這之間的關聯。
Ex: I don' t see the connection. How is that related to improving sales?
(我看不出這之間的關聯。那和提高銷售量之間有什麼關聯?)
What does sth have to do with sth? (某事)和(某事)有什麼關聯?
Ex: What does staff turnover have to do with last month's revenue figures?
(員工流動率和上個月的收入數字有什麼關聯?)
Returning to the main issue,... 回到主題上,⋯
Ex: Returning to the main issue, I think the best solution is to hire a management consultant.
(回到主題上,我認為最好的解決之道是聘請管理顧問。)
To expand / elaborate on what I said previously,... 茲詳細說明我先前所說的那些話,⋯
Ex: To expand on what I said previously, costs have increased by 15 percent.
(茲詳細說明我先前所說的那些話,成本已經增加了百分之15。)
The artist's paintings are related to the relationship between man and nature.
那名藝術家的畫作是關於人類與大自然之間的關係。