



在某些公司行號中,開會這件事已變得聲名狼籍。這些機構的職員可能會抱怨會議是非常浪費時間的一件事。很多時候,他們說得沒錯,因為這些會議既漫無目標又容易偏離主題。在本單元中,你會發現這個問題的解決之道。使用這些措辭來讓你下一次的商務集會不再離題吧。

Ex: I don't really think Bill's personal problems pertain to the discussion.
(我實在認為比爾的私事與這次的討論無關。)
* pertain [pɚˋten] vi. 有關(與介詞 to 並用)

Ex: We shouldn't digress from the main issue. Let's keep to the topic.
(我們不應該偏離主要議題。咱們繼續談論主題吧。)
* digress [daɪˋgrɛs] vi. 離題(與介詞 from 並用)

Ex: Are you sure that concern is really relevant (to this matter)?
(你確定你擔心掛念的那件事(和此事)真的相關嗎?)

Ex: I think we're getting a bit off-track by discussing that point.
(我認為我們討論到那一點就有些離題了。)

Ex: Let's stick to the main issue. We need to make a decision soon.
(咱們堅守主題。我們需要儘快做出決定。)

Ex: James, sorry, but I think your comment is off-topic.
(抱歉,詹姆士,我認為你的評論是題外話。)

Ex: I don' t see the connection. How is that related to improving sales?
(我看不出這之間的關聯。那和提高銷售量之間有什麼關聯?)

Ex: What does staff turnover have to do with last month's revenue figures?
(員工流動率和上個月的收入數字有什麼關聯?)

Ex: Returning to the main issue, I think the best solution is to hire a management consultant.
(回到主題上,我認為最好的解決之道是聘請管理顧問。)

Ex: To expand on what I said previously, costs have increased by 15 percent.
(茲詳細說明我先前所說的那些話,成本已經增加了百分之15。)
Did the teacher make any comments on your
speech?
老師對你的演說有什麼評論嗎?
Did the teacher comment on your speech?
老師對你的演說有什麼評論嗎?
I was unhappy when Ray commented on my new shoes.
瑞評論我的新鞋時,我很不高興。
This movie sparked heated comments online, with mixed reviews.
這部電影在網路上引起了熱烈的評論,褒貶不一。
The artist's paintings are related to the relationship between man and nature.
那名藝術家的畫作是關於人類與大自然之間的關係。
