



(Bruno老師親自錄製Podcast 音檔:英文介紹請點選【聽朗讀】;中文介紹請點選【聽講解】)
Since childhood, we are often told, "Appearance doesn't matter; what's inside counts!" While well-intentioned, promoting inner virtues, this adage is often misunderstood in the context of modern communication. The "appearance" we speak of is not about inherent beauty or physique; it is about the image we choose to present to the world, serving as the most direct and honest form of nonverbal communication.
從小到大,我們總被教導:「外表不重要,要注重內涵。」這句話的本意是好的,鼓勵我們培養內在修養;然而,在當代的溝通藝術中,這句話顯然被誤解了。所謂的「外表」並非指天生的美貌或身材,而是指我們選擇呈現給世界的樣子,這是一種最直接、最誠實的非語言溝通。
Both examples underscore a core truth: Your competence and inner qualities are often "blocked" by your attention to external details.
這兩個例子都指向一個核心事實:你的內涵和能力,往往被你的外在細節「堵住」了。
We are taught that communication is primarily verbal. However, nonverbal communication scholars consistently show that nonverbal cues (including body language, tone of voice, and appearance) carry significantly more weight than the spoken words.
Focusing on your appearance is not about vanity; it is essential because:
所謂重視外表,不是為了取悅他人,而是因為:
Communication is not just about talking. Self-care is not just good manners; it is a powerful nonverbal language. It allows others to "see" that you value every interaction with them and that you maintain a high level of control over your personal and professional life.
Therefore, before you finalize your script or perfect your presentation slides, take a moment to look in the mirror and scrutinize your "first presentation" to the world.
溝通並非只是用說的。打理好自己不只是禮貌,它還是一種強而有力的非語言溝通。它讓對方「看見」你在乎跟他們的每一次交流,看見你對自己的生活和工作有高度的掌握。
所以,在準備好你的說詞和簡報之前,請先走到鏡子前,審視你即將呈現給世界的「第一張簡報」。
A man of virtue is a man of principle. He will never do anything against his conscience.
有美德的人即是有原則的人。他絕不會做任何違背良心的事。
This plan has the virtue of being easy to carry out.
這個計畫的好處就是它容易實現。
Robert was promoted to manager by virtue of his hard work.
羅伯特憑著工作勤奮而被晉升為經理。
I have to know the context to tell you what this word means.
我必須知道上下文才能告訴你這個字的意思。
To understand the novel better, you have to study its social context.
你若想更了解這部小說,就得研讀它的社會背景。
To understand the novel better, you have to study its social background.
你若想更了解這部小說,就得研讀它的社會背景。
After the concert was over, Jessie and her friends
lingered outside the theater, hoping to catch sight of
the singers.
音樂會結束後,潔西和她朋友在劇院外徘徊,希望可以看到
這些歌手。
The pleasant childhood memory has lingered in
Kelly’s mind for a long time.
美好的童年記憶在凱莉的腦海中留存了很長一段時間。
I didn’t eat anything today and I feel faint with hunger now.
我今天什麼也沒吃,現在餓得發昏。
Patrick spoke in a very faint voice, so no one could hear him.
派翠克講話的聲音很微弱,所以沒人聽到他說什麼。
I don’t have the faintest idea what you’re talking about.
我一點都不明白你們在談些什麼。
When I saw my favorite singer in person, I nearly fainted in excitement.
我親眼看到最喜愛的歌手時,興奮得幾乎要昏倒。
Upon hearing the news, Jennifer fell into a faint.
珍妮佛一聽到這個消息就昏倒了。
Dad pitched the ball to my sister, and she swung the bat.
老爸投球給我妹妹,她便揮棒。
Let’s pitch our tent by the river.
咱們在河邊紮營吧。
I dare not go downstairs myself. It’s pitch-black down there.
我不敢自己一個人下樓。那裡烏漆抹黑的。
Andrew has perfect pitch; he can sing any note correctly without the help of instruments.
安德魯有絕對音感,他不用樂器輔助就能準確地唱出任何音調。
Though verbal abuse leaves no signs of visible harm, some people consider it worse than physical abuse.
言語虐待雖然沒有明顯的傷痕,有些人認為這種虐待卻比身體虐待更嚴重。
Local authorities have given the construction company verbal approval to begin the project.
地方當局口頭上已經准許該建築公司開工。
I’m sick of the politicians’ verbal attacks on each other.
我對政客間的口水戰已經覺得很厭煩了。
恭喜答對獲得 熊贈點 1點
