英語聊天室|本集 精彩教學影片(講解老師:Shane& Betty 老師)
影片可開啟字幕:字幕由 AI 生成可能有誤,僅供讀者參考學習使用
Dialogue A
G: Gordon C: Cynthia
Gordon and Cynthia are in a café, and Gordon is complaining about his recent misfortunes.
G: I don’t know what’s been going on lately, Cynthia.
C: What do you mean?
G: Well, my car broke down yesterday, I spilled coffee all over my textbooks, and now I’ve lost my wallet!
C: It seems like bad luck is following you everywhere.
G: No kidding! What do you think I should do?
C: You clearly need a serious change in your fortune. Have you thought about visiting a temple?
G: A temple? What’s that got to do with my luck?
C: In Taiwan, lots of people go to temples to pray for guidance and blessings. It might help.
G: Yeah, but I’m not religious at all.
Frank always says it’s his good fortune to work with so many brilliant and talented people here in this company.
法蘭克總是說他運氣好,能在這間公司跟這麼多優秀有才氣的人共事。
Uncle Peter made a small fortune selling hot dogs.
彼得叔叔賣熱狗發了一筆小財。
What a superb bike! It must’ve cost you a fortune.
這臺腳踏車真棒!一定花了你一大筆錢吧。
I got mad when the careless waiter spilled coffee on my shirt.
粗心的服務生把咖啡灑在我襯衫上時,我便發火了。
Tell me exactly who spilled the secret.
告訴我到底是誰洩露了這個祕密。
I need some tissue paper to dry the coffee spill.
我需要一些衛生紙把濺灑出來的咖啡漬擦乾。
Jeff used to work as a tour guide.
傑夫以前做過導遊。
Let instinct be your guide.
讓直覺指引你吧!
Molly is being trained as a guide dog.
莫莉正在受訓成為導盲犬。
Maybe we should buy Emma this book: A Guide to Vegan Dishes .
也許我們應該買這本《純素菜肴指南》的書給艾瑪。
I want to buy a travel guide to Italy before I set off.
出發前我想買本義大利的旅遊指南。
My friend guided me around this famous museum.
我朋友帶我參觀了這個著名的博物館。
I don't know much about the work, so you’ll have to guide me.
這工作我不太熟,因此你得指導我。
The museum guide explained the history behind each painting.
博物館導覽員講解了每幅畫背後的歷史。
It is a blessing to be taught by Mr. Wang.
能被王老師教到是一種福氣。
John’s girlfriend ran away with his best friend a year ago, but he soon met a rich and beautiful girl. They’re planning to get married next week. It was indeed a blessing in disguise.
約翰的女友 1 年前跟他最好的朋友跑了,不過很快地他就遇到了一位多金又漂亮的美女。他們倆計劃下星期結婚。這真是因禍得福啊。
I'm not sure what to do. What's your recommendation?
我不知道該怎麼做,你有什麼建議嗎?
Could you write me a recommendation for my university application?
你可以為我的大學入學申請寫一封推薦信嗎?
Gina gave me a great book recommendation last week.
吉娜上週推薦我一本很棒的書籍。
The mirror reflects sunlight.
鏡子會反射陽光。
The polls have reflected that welfare is the top issue with voters.
這些民調反應出福利制度才是選民關注的首要議題。
We took a moment to reflect on what we were about to do.
我們花了片刻時間思考我們要怎麼做。
People's actions often reflect their inner thoughts.
人們的行動往往反映出他們內心的想法。
The car broke down in the middle of nowhere.
這輛車子在荒郊野外拋錨了。
Sally has worked hard to break down the wall of fear and try something new.
莎莉努力打破恐懼之牆並嘗試新事物。
This machine can break down plastic into smaller particles. 這臺機器能夠將塑膠分解成更小的顆粒。
The documentary aims to break down stereotypes about mental health.
那部紀錄片旨在破除對心理健康的刻板印象。
I turned around and saw Vincent standing by the door.
我轉身看到文森站在門邊。