混合題型 | 本篇為「Premium文章」想看完整文章請訂閱 IVY Engrest!
(D) Lily
At a party, my friend Anna suddenly vanished. “She took French leave,” someone remarked. I was confused—had she gone to France? It turns out the idiom means leaving without notifying anyone. In the 18th century, the English used this phrase to criticize the French, though ironically, the French said the same about the English.
The doctor advised Grandfather not to climb too many stairs.
醫生建議爺爺別爬太多樓梯。
Travelers have been advised that they should avoid going out alone after dark.
遊客們已被告知天黑後要避免單獨外出。
My parents advised me to save money instead of spending it on unnecessary things.
爸媽建議我存錢,而不是花在不必要的東西上。
I have to know the context to tell you what this word means.
我必須知道上下文才能告訴你這個字的意思。
To understand the novel better, you have to study its social context.
你若想更了解這部小說,就得研讀它的社會背景。
To understand the novel better, you have to study its social background.
你若想更了解這部小說,就得研讀它的社會背景。
After several days of negotiations, we finally reached a compromise with our business partners on certain issues.
經過幾天的談判,我們終於就若干事項與我們的生意夥伴達成協議。
We all have to make compromises in life despite ourselves.
我們在生活中都必須不得不做出妥協。
Management refused to compromise with the union members.
資方拒絕跟勞方妥協。
Dylan would rather be shot than compromise his principles.
狄倫是寧死也不肯違背自己的原則。
It was a tense situation when the two rivals met.
這兩個敵手碰面時,情況緊張了起來。
Are the wires tense enough?
這些繩索拉得夠緊嗎?
Whenever someone gets near, Linda tenses.
只要一有人靠近琳達,她就會緊張。
The boy tensed his shoulders as the doctor approached with the needle.
當醫生拿著注射針靠近時,那個男孩的肩膀緊繃了起來。
Kelly's neck felt very tense after she sat at the computer all day.
凱莉坐在電腦前一整天後感到脖子非常緊繃。
Ian tried to blend in at the party but people knew he hadn't been invited.
伊恩試著融入派對,但大家知道他並未被邀請。
My mother's antique table dates back to the early 1800s.
我老媽的古董桌可追溯至十九世紀初。
According to scientists, these fossils date back to 2000 BCE.
根據科學家的說法,這些化石可追溯至公元前兩千年。
I knew you would end up borrowing money from me.
我就知道你最後還是會跟我借錢。
Dave studied very little and ended up failing the test.
戴夫幾乎沒讀書,落得考試不及格的下場。
Why are you staring at me, John? Is there something wrong with me?
約翰,你為什麼這樣瞪著我?我有什麼不對勁嗎?
It is rude to stare at people.
盯著別人看是不禮貌的。
Mom nodded in agreement when I suggested going to the beach for the weekend.
當我建議週末去海灘時,媽媽點頭表示同意。
The idea of working from home was unfamiliar to many employees before the pandemic.
疫情前,許多員工都不熟悉居家工作這個概念。