Dialogue A
C: Clara M: Miles
Clara is talking to her coworker, Miles, following a staff meeting.
商用英語
C: Hey, Miles. Are you doing OK? It looked like you were having trouble focusing in the meeting.
M: Oh, yeah. I haven’t been sleeping well lately.
C: The past few days, you seem to be really tired. What’s wrong?
M: Honestly, I think I’m just a bit burned out. We’ve been so busy the past few weeks.
C:I know what you mean. The work just keeps coming.
M:You can say that again. I feel like I really need to take a long break.
Lance did all he could to win Jill’s favor.
蘭斯盡全力要博得吉兒的好感。
The manager was in favor of the proposal.
經理贊成這提案。
The manager favored the proposal.
經理贊成這提案。
Could you do me a favor and open the window?
可以幫我開窗戶嗎?
I hate asking people for favors.
我不喜歡請別人幫忙。
I favor Heather’s plan over the other.
我贊成海瑟的計畫,不贊成另一個計畫。
The university didn’t favor me with a quick reply.
那間大學並沒有馬上給我回覆。
David’s mother favors him over all her other children.
大衛的媽媽在她的所有小孩中最疼他。
I'm having trouble starting my car.
我的車子很難發動。
Tony helped me out when I felt down.
東尼在我失落的時候幫助了我。
Amy has been pushing herself too hard at work, so she took a few days off.
艾咪在工作上把自己逼得太緊了,所以她請了幾天假。
You should forgive Laura. She is your sister after all.
你應該原諒蘿拉。她終究是你的妹妹啊。
After four games of badminton, Tom was worn out.
打了四場羽毛球後,湯姆筋疲力盡了。
Peter felt burned out after overworking for a week.
加班了一週後,彼得感到筋疲力盡。