商用英語
Dialogue B
C: Clara M: Miles
A week later, Miles is excited to tell Clara about his upcoming trip.
M: All I have to do is file these reports. Then I’ll be done for the week.
C: That’s great. You seem really excited. Do you have any plans once you finish?
M: Yes! I took your advice and asked for a few days off. So, I have a long weekend ahead of me.
C: That’s great. Some time to relax should help you feel refreshed.
M: Definitely. I’m going to make the most of my short vacation.
In winter, the mountain is covered with snow.
冬天時,整座山被白雪覆蓋。
The police tried to cover up the truth.
警方企圖掩飾真相。
The course covers a wide variety of topics.
本課程涵蓋各式各樣的主題。
Rita covered for me while I went to the dentist.
我去看牙醫時,瑞塔幫我代班。
I couldn’t find the cover of the pot.
我找不到這個壺的蓋子。
On the cover of the magazine is a movie star.
這本雜誌的封面是一位影星。
Our beef is grilled to perfection and topped with fresh onions.
我們的牛肉烤得恰到好處,也在上面加上新鮮的洋蔥。
Grill the sausages until they are sizzling and then remove them from the pan.
把香腸烤到熟得茲茲響,然後把它們從平底鍋拿起。
Since chicken takes longer to cook on a barbecue than other meat, Glen put the chicken on the grill first.
由於烤肉時雞肉要花比其他肉類更多的時間來烤,所以葛倫 先把雞肉放在烤架上。
Lawmakers grilled Cheatle about the security failure.
立法者們嚴厲質詢了Cheatle關於安全失敗的問題。
I don 't like the job, but the pay is good.
我不喜歡這份工作,不過待遇卻挺不錯的。
Thomas has already paid the bill.
湯瑪斯已經付帳了。
Let me pay for the meal.
這頓飯讓我來付錢。
It pays to study English.
學英文是值得的。
You should pay attention to the coach.
你該注意聽教練說的話。
All you have to do is apologize to Lucy and ask for her forgiveness.
你所要做的就是跟露西道歉並請求她原諒你。
Macy had a fight with her father because she didn't want to take his advice.
梅西和她爸爸起爭執,因為她不想聽從他的建議。
There’s a truck ahead of us. Be careful when driving.
我們前面有一輛卡車。開車時要小心。
We need to make the most of this beautiful day and take more photos.
我們必須好好把握今天的好天氣並多拍一點照片。
Sean paid back Larry by treating him to a meal.
尚恩請賴瑞吃飯以報答他。
I’ll do the cooking. In the meantime, you can do the laundry.
我來煮飯。在此期間,你可以洗衣服。