好書俱樂部
There are many lessons to be learned within the pages of Thirteen Reasons Why . For one, it teaches about the importance of words. It shows how powerful what we say, especially about others, can be. Even if we don’t intend for something to be hurtful, a careless statement can have a lasting impact on someone. So, it’s very important that we choose our words carefully and wisely.
Mr. Wu was a powerful man who could lift a motorcycle off the ground.
吳先生孔武有力,能把機車舉離地面。
The powerful storm did a lot of damage to the village.
這場強大的暴風雨對那村莊造成了很大的損害。
That woman is one of the most powerful people in American politics.
那個女子是美國政壇最有權勢的人之一。
The principal made a powerful speech yesterday
morning.
校長昨天早上發表了一場令人折服的演說。
Father intends me to be a doctor.
父親想要我當醫生。
I didn't intend to do that.
我不想那麼做。
Whatever I did, I intended no harm.
不論我做了什麼,我都是沒有惡意的。
No matter what I did, I meant no harm.
不論我做了什麼,我都是沒有惡意的。
These toys are intended for children aged 3 to 5.
這些玩具是針對 3 至 5 歲的兒童設計的。
These toys are meant for children aged 3 to 5.
這些玩具是針對 3 至 5 歲的兒童設計的。
I will respect your privacy. Likewise, I hope you will respect mine.
我會尊重你的隱私。同樣,我也希望你會尊重我的隱私。
Terry is a salesman and likewise his brother is in the same profession.
泰瑞是一名業務,而他弟弟也做同樣的職務。
The teacher wrote the names of three animals on the board and told the students to do likewise.
老師在黑板上寫了3 種動物的名字,然後要學生照著做。
My grandfather retired and is living a life of ease.
我爺爺退休了,現在生活過得很安樂。
I don’t want Kenny to be my partner. I never feel at ease with him.
我不想讓肯尼成為我的搭檔。和他在一起我從不會感到自在過。
Thanks to our teamwork, we finished the work with ease.
多虧大夥的團隊合作,我們輕鬆地完成了工作。
The doctor said the medicine would ease the pain.
醫生說這藥能減輕疼痛。
After Rex took the medicine, his stomach pain eased a little bit.
雷克斯吃了藥之後,胃痛稍微緩解了一些。
John intends for his son to become a lawyer.
約翰打算讓他兒子成為一名律師。
Andy places great emphasis on his sleep quality.
安迪非常重視他的睡眠品質。