英語聊天室 |本集 精彩教學影片(講解老師:Stevie & Betty 老師)
Dialogue B
A: Alex L: Lily
Alex asks Lily for advice about the Lunar New Year.
A: Hey, Lily. I’ve been invited to a friend’s house to celebrate the Lunar New Year, but I don’t know what to expect. Can you give me some tips?
L: Well, the first thing to remember is to bring a gift, like fruits or sweets. It’s a polite gesture.
A: Good to know. Anything else I should be aware of?
L: Yes, when you arrive, remember to say something festive. For example, “xin nian kuai le,” which means “Happy New Year.”
A: Hmm, that doesn’t seem too difficult to pronounce.
The foreigner used gestures to convey his idea.
這名外國人使用手勢傳達他的意思。
Ron made a vulgar gesture and got into a fight.
朗恩比了一個粗俗的手勢而與人打起架來。
Rebecca shook her head in a gesture of disappointment.
蕾貝嘉搖了搖頭表示失望。
When asked who she was talking about, Anna gestured at the handsome man sitting alone in the corner.
當安娜被問到她在談論的人是誰時,她用手勢表示是那位獨坐角落的帥哥。
Greg walked up to the manager and shook his hand. 葛瑞格走向經理並和他握手。
Please hand me the folder that s on the desk.
請把桌上的文件夾遞給我。
Please hand the folder that ’s on the desk to me.
請把桌上的文件夾遞給我。
Hand in your paper after class.
下課後把報告交出來。
Turn in your paper after class.
下課後把報告交出來。
The gold necklace has been handed down in my family for generations.
這條金項鍊已經在我家傳了好幾代。
Give me a hand with this box, please.
請幫我抬這個箱子。
The satellite is fixed at a point just outside the Earth’s atmosphere.
那枚衛星被安置在地球大氣層外的某個定點上。
Mildew easily forms in my room because of the damp atmosphere.
因為空氣很潮溼,我的房間很容易長黴。
I like the warm and pleasant atmosphere in that coffee shop.
我喜歡那家咖啡廳溫暖又愉快的氣氛。
You should always be aware of your surroundings.
你隨時要了解周遭的環境。
Mary was aware of Tom’s bad intentions, so she refused to go out with him.
瑪莉察覺出湯姆不懷好意,所以拒絕和他約會。
Jimmy got a part-time job handing out flyers in front of the store.
吉米找到一份在商家前發傳單的兼職工作。
I keep in mind my grandfather's advice whenever I have a problem.
我遇到問題的時候,總是謹記我爺爺的忠告。