




A Megan, you’re looking a great deal better than the last time I saw you!
B Thanks, Brad. Yes, I feel much more like myself.
A That virus really took it out of you.
B Yeah, it was a lot worse than the average cold. I went through far more snotty tissues than normal.
A Too much information!
A 梅根,妳比我上次看到妳的時候氣色好很多耶!
B 謝謝,布萊德。對,我感覺好多了。
A 那病毒真的讓妳筋疲力盡。
B 對啊,它比一般感冒還要糟很多。我用了很多紙巾,擦的鼻涕比平常還要多很多。
A 妳不必講那麼多!
1 virus n. 病毒
a computer virus 電腦病毒
Christy was sent to the hospital because she had a virus.
克莉絲蒂因為被病毒感染了,所以被送到醫院。
2 take it out of sb 使某人筋疲力盡
= tire sb out
tire vt. & vi. 使疲累
This job really took it out of me.
= This job really tired me out.
這份工作真的讓我筋疲力盡。
3 average a. 一般的;平均的 & n. 平均
On average,... 平均而言,……
An average person sleeps eight hours per day.
一般人每天會睡八小時。
On average, we work 40 hours each week.
平均而言,我們一週工作四十個小時。
4 cold n. 感冒
catch a cold 得到感冒
5 go through... 使用……;經歷……
Victoria can go through three cups of coffee a day.
維多莉亞可以每天喝三杯咖啡。
I went through a lot of troubles just to meet you.
我為了見你一面經歷了很多麻煩事。
6 snotty a. 滿是鼻水的;高傲的,自大的
Keep your snotty handkerchief away from me!
別讓你那滿是鼻水的手帕靠近我!
The snotty boy ignored his father’s warning.
自以為是的男孩不理他爸爸的警告。
7 tissue n. 紙巾,衛生紙
8 information n. 資訊;消息;資料(不可數)
For more information, please visit our website.
想要獲得更多資訊,請至我們的網站查詢。
1 表示康復後感到舒服的說法
feel (like) oneself 感到舒服
= feel well
I’m feeling more like myself after sleeping for the entire day.
= I’m feeling better after sleeping for the entire day.
我睡一整天之後感到舒服多了。
Joan went home because she wasn’t feeling quite (like) herself.
= Joan went home because she wasn’t feeling well.
瓊安因為不太舒服所以回家了。
The average age of my students is fifteen.
我的學生平均年齡是 15 歲。
Don’t ask difficult questions. They’re just students of average intelligence.
不要問很難的問題。他們只是智力一般的學生。
The workaholic works an average of 16 hours a day.
這個工作狂每天平均工作 16 小時。
The workaholic works 16 hours a day on average.
這個工作狂每天平均工作 16 小時。
On average, we work five hours overtime each week.
平均而言,我們一星期加班 5 小時。
That rich man averages ten vacations a year.
那個富翁平均每年有 10 個假期。
Patty put on a sweater because of the cold weather.
由於天氣冷,佩蒂把毛衣穿上了。
The poor, wet dog stood all day in the cold.
這隻可憐又溼答答的狗在冷天站了整天。
Sharon didn ’t go to work because she caught a bad cold.
雪倫得了重感冒,所以沒去上班。
People should wear masks if they have a cold.
如果感冒了,應該要戴口罩。
Cindy’s cold nature makes it hard for others to approach her.
辛蒂冷漠的性格讓別人很難接近她。
Climbing such high mountains really tires me out.
爬那麼高的山真是累死我了。
On average, we work five hours overtime each week.
平均而言,我們一星期加班 5 小時。
Al went through a major transformation during college.
艾爾在大學時期經歷了很大的轉變。
You look like a million dollars in that dress!
你穿那件洋裝非常好看!
