新聞集錦
The traditional five-day workweek was introduced around a century ago and has since become the standard, along with punching in at 9 a.m. and leaving at 5 p.m. Recently, however, challenges to this formula have been increasing, particularly among young people. In the United Kingdom, 200 British companies have changed gears and decided to adopt a permanent four-day workweek for their employees. The new schedule will not cause any loss in pay, which is expected to result in greater employee satisfaction.
The general manager adopted my proposal without hesitation.
總經理毫不猶豫地採用了我的提案。
Ben’s wife is barren, so they’ve decided to adopt a baby boy.
班的太太不孕,因此他們決定領養一個小男嬰。
As Nicole couldn’t have a baby of her own, she decided to adopt.
因為妮可沒辦法懷有自己的小孩,她決定領養一個。
You need to get your priorities right so you can get things done on time.
你得搞清楚事情的優先順序,以便能把事情準時完成。
You need to get your priorities straight so you can get things done on time.
你得搞清楚事情的優先順序,以便能把事情準時完成。
Our top priority is to improve quality control on the assembly line.
我們的首要任務就是提升裝配線上的品質控管。
Pedestrians at intersections have priority over vehicles.
相較於車輛,行人在十字路口有優先權。
The country’s agricultural output has doubled in the past year.
該國去年農業生產成長了一倍。
Let me tell you what. I run the software, and you check the output.
讓我告訴你怎麼做:我來操作軟體,你來檢查輸出的資料。
This special device is used to output information to that machine.
這個特殊的裝置是用來將資料輸出到那臺機器。
The excitement of new experiences is a driving force behind my travels.
新體驗的興奮感是我旅行的推動力。
Make sure to punch in before you start working, or it won't count towards your paid hours.
要確定你在開始工作之前有打上班卡,不然工時不會被計算。
When the first plan didn't succeed, we had to change gears and come up with a new one.
當第一個計畫沒有成功時,我們不得不改變作法並想出一個新的計畫。
The mayor’s speech gave rise to a heated discussion.
市長的演說引發熱烈的討論。
Ethan is battling to overcome his injury and return to the sport he loves.
海蒂拒絕了派對的邀請,因為她有其他計畫了。伊森正為了克服他的傷勢並回到他熱愛的運動而奮鬥。