觀光英語
F: This is such an enormous mall. I don’t think we will have time to visit every area.
N: You’re right. Also, we have to keep in mind that we parked in Parking Lot D. I don’t want to get lost for an hour looking for my car.
F: No worries. I’ve got a great memory.
N: We should take a look at the map and figure out where we want to go first.
F: I don’t know about you, but I’m here to shop for clothing. So, I say we check out Ara’s Outfitters first.
N: That’s fine with me. I’ve been thinking of getting a new jacket.
F: Cool. Then, I want to swing by Mono Clothing. I think there is also a sale this weekend.
N: OK. Are you looking for anything in particular?
F: I need a new outfit for work. Other than that, I just want to see what’s new.
N: I can probably find a decent jacket at Ara’s Outfitters. After that, I’ll go to the video game store while you browse Mono Clothing.
F: All right. The stores are pretty close to each other, I think.
N: That is also the wing of the mall where the food court is located. After we finish shopping, why don’t we grab some lunch?
F: That’s a terrific plan. I’ll definitely be hungry after all the shopping.
I grabbed a bite to eat this morning and then went to work.
早上我隨便抓了點東西吃,便去上班了。
The criminal made a grab for the old woman’s purse.
該名罪犯搶了那個老婦人的手提包。
Charlie grabbed some breakfast and went to school.
查理匆匆吃了點早餐就去上學了。
Eric quickly grabbed his backpack and ran for the bus.
艾瑞克迅速抓起背包衝向公車。
I was browsing through a magazine at the bookstore when I noticed Sarah.
我在書店裡隨意翻閱一本雜誌時看到了莎拉。
Melissa had some time before class, so she decided to browse the books in the university library.
梅莉莎在上課前還有點時間,所以她決定到大學圖書館裡瀏覽書籍。
When a new music store opened in town, Ben and Anne decided to go there for a browse.
鎮上新開了一間音樂商店,班和安決定去看一下。
Many people use Google Chrome to browse the internet, but there are other options.
很多人用 Google 瀏覽器來瀏覽網頁,但也有其他選擇。
I like to eat chicken wings.
我喜歡吃雞翅膀。
The bird took wing before the hunter shot.
獵人開槍前,那隻鳥早飛走了。
The editor took Bonnie under his wing and taught
her how to edit a book.
編輯對邦妮呵護有加,還教她如何編輯一本書。
Our office is in the east wing of the building.
我們的辦公室位於這棟大樓東邊的側廳。
Bruce is on the left wing of this political party.
布魯斯屬於這政黨的左派。
The manager suddenly asked me to make a short speech in the meeting this afternoon. I guess I’ll have to wing it, then.
經理突然要我在下午的會議上做個簡短的演說。看來到時我只好即興發揮了。
We need to figure out a way to fix this problem.
我們得想出個方法來解決這個問題。
It was a good movie―I liked the last scene in particular.
這部電影很精彩 — 我特別喜歡最後一幕。
Keep in mind that without hard work, you will get nowhere.
要記住,不努力你就會一事無成。
I want to swing by my sister's room to say goodbye before I leave.
我想在離開前去我姐的房間道別。