行遍天下
The Croatian coastal city that survived pandemics and Game of Thrones
Today, Dubrovnik, Croatia, is a popular travel spot for several reasons. It’s located in a peaceful spot by the Adriatic Sea. The large stone walls surrounding the city and its limestone streets give the city a timeless charm. However, the history of this amazing place is a bit darker than most people realize.
The throne of England commands respect but does not command armies.
英國的王權只享有尊榮但無兵權。
Queen Elizabeth II ascended the throne at the age of 25 after her father, King George VI, died in 1952.
伊莉莎白二世在父親喬治六世於1952年逝世後登基時年25 歲。
The king sat on his throne, listening to several presentations by people who had come to meet him.
國王坐在他的王位上,聆聽幾場前來會見他的人民做的報告。
This ring is my lucky charm.
這只戒指是我的幸運符。
I tried your idea, and it worked like a charm.
我嘗試你的點子,效果正如預期。
Rachel is charmed by AhXiong's sense of humor.
瑞秋為阿雄的幽默感所吸引。
The actor is not very handsome but has great charm.
這名演員不是很帥但是魅力十足。
This old town has a special charm.
這座古老小鎮有一種特別的魅力。
Under no circumstances should you resort to force.
不管任何情況你都不應該訴諸暴力。
The force of the wind was so strong that it almost knocked me over.
風力之強勁幾乎把我整個人都吹倒了。
Don’t force me to do anything I don’t want to do.
不要強迫我做任何我不想做的事。
The policeman forced his way through the crowd to run after the thief.
警察強行穿過人群以追趕小偷。
Don’t force me to do anything I don’t want to do.
不要強迫我做任何我不想做的事。