美食饗宴 |本集 精彩教學影片(講解老師:Bruce & Antony 老師)
The popular restaurant serves up home-cooked meals made by a team of grandmothers.
If you need a tasty home-cooked meal in New York City, look no further than Enoteca Maria. This restaurant offers meals cooked by grandmothers who love sharing the traditional dishes of their culture with others. It was founded in 2007 by a man named Joe Scaravella. After his mother and grandmother passed away, Joe began to miss the meals that they cooked for him and his family.
Joe longed for the comfort of the foods that he grew up with and decided to open a restaurant. In the beginning, Enoteca Maria featured grandmothers from different regions of Italy. In the restaurant, Italian grandmothers could make hearty meals just like they cook at home. In recent years, grandmothers from all over the world have joined the team. A team of over 30 women now cooks meals at the restaurant on a rotating schedule.
The restaurant is named after Joe’s mother Maria and has been a huge success. Now, there are grandmothers from countries like Sri Lanka, Japan, Peru, Egypt, and Azerbaijan happily cooking up traditional dishes. It is open only three nights a week, and the grandmother working in the kitchen that night will decide what’s on the menu. Every visit to Enoteca Maria offers the chance to appreciate a different culture’s cuisine.
I'm afraid Leo is busy serving the customers right now. Can I take a message?
恐怕李歐現在正忙著服務客人。我可以幫您留言嗎?
A waitress will serve your food in just a few minutes.
過幾分鐘就會有女服務生過來為您上菜了。
You sprinkle some sesame on it, and I'll serve.
你在上面灑點芝麻,我來上菜。
Despite all the material comforts, the rich man is''t happy.
這個富翁儘管有種種的物質享受,卻仍不快樂。
I find comfort in listening to music whenever I feel troubled.
每當我心煩時就會在聽音樂中找到慰藉。
We comforted the woman when her child was killed in a car accident.
這位婦人的孩子在車禍中喪生,我們便安慰她。
A soft blanket can bring comfort on a cold night.
一條柔軟的毯子能在寒冷的夜晚帶來舒適。
My sister finds comfort in listening to her favorite singer's slow songs.
我妹妹會透過聽最喜歡歌手的慢歌找到安慰。
I met a guy by the name of John Smith.
我遇到一位名叫約翰.史密斯的人。
I met a guy named John Smith.
我遇到一位名叫約翰.史密斯的人。
I met a guy called John Smith.
我遇到一位名叫約翰.史密斯的人。
We named him Henry after his grandfather.
我們以他祖父之名將他命名為亨利。
He is named Henry after his grandfather.
我們以他祖父之名將他命名為亨利。
The food truck at the park will serve up sandwiches all day.
公園裡的餐車全天候供應三明治。
I long for a chance to talk to Mandy.
我渴望有機會跟曼蒂說話。
Kenneth was named after his father, so he is sometimes called Kenneth Jr.
肯尼斯的名字是以他爸為名,所以他有時被叫做小肯尼 斯。
Let's cook up some popcorn and watch a movie.
我們弄一些爆米花然後看個電影吧。
請將下列字詞組合成一正確通順的句子
❶ The party’s host _______________________________ his guests.
for / some snacks / up / served
❷Pam _____________________________ during the cold winter months.
weather / for / longs / warmer
❸ Jim ____________________________________ in his favorite book.
his dog / after / a character / named
答案:
1. The party’s host served up some snacks for his guests.
2. Pam longs for warmer weather during the cold winter months.
3. Jim named his dog after a character in his favorite book.
如果你在紐約市想吃一頓美味的家常飯菜,找 Enoteca Maria 就對了。這間餐廳提供由一群熱愛與他人分享其文化傳統菜餚的奶奶們烹製的飯菜。它於 2007 年由一位名叫喬.斯卡拉維拉的男子創立。在他的母親與奶奶去世後,喬開始想念她們為他與家人做的飯菜。
喬渴望能在他從小到大吃的食物中得到慰藉,於是決定開一間餐廳。起初,餐廳以來自義大利不同地區的奶奶為特色。在餐廳裡,義大利奶奶可以像在家裡一樣煮豐盛的飯菜。近年來,來自世界各地的奶奶們加入了這個團隊。現在,由三十多名女性組成的團隊在餐廳輪番上陣烹煮菜餚。
這間餐廳以喬的母親瑪麗亞命名並取得了不凡的成就。現在,來自斯里蘭卡、日本、祕魯、埃及、亞塞拜然等國家的奶奶都開心地烹飪傳統菜餚。這間餐廳一週只營業三個晚上,當晚在廚房掌廚的奶奶會決定菜單的品項。每次造訪 Enoteca Maria 都能提供欣賞不同文化美食的機會。
恭喜答對獲得 熊贈點 1點