英語聊天室|本集 精彩教學影片(講解老師:Shane& Betty 老師)
影片可開啟字幕:字幕由 AI 生成可能有誤,僅供讀者參考學習使用
Dialogue B
G: Gordon C: Cynthia
Before they visit Longshan Temple, Cynthia explains to Gordon how to pray at a temple.
G: Thanks for offering to take me to the temple, but I have no idea how to pray properly.
C: Don’t worry! It’s pretty simple.
G: Well, I don’t want to mess it up. Can you walk me through what I should do?
C: Of course! First, when we enter, we’ll bow three times at the entrance to show respect.
G: Bow three times. Got it. What’s next?
C: Then, we’ll go to the main hall. Just stand in front of the altar, put your hands together, and either close your eyes or look down.
G: That sounds simple enough.
Our car stalled as we were driving through the tunnel.
我們開車經過隧道時,車子拋錨了。
Tom got that job through his father.
湯姆透過他父親得到那份工作。
Those people sang and danced through the night.
那些人徹夜歌舞狂歡。
For a long time, the artist wandered all through the world.
有很長一段時間,那位藝術家在世界各地流浪。
Could you put me through to Andy?
可以幫我把電話轉接給安迪嗎?
I’ll call you back right after I’m through with my work.
我做完工作後馬上回電給你。
Students should show their respect for their teachers.
學生應該尊敬老師。
We hold Bill in great respect for all the good deeds he has done.
比爾做的種種善行,使我們非常尊敬他。
This essay is similar to mine in many respects.
這篇短文在很多方面和我的很類似。
I respect him for his bravery.
因為他的勇敢,所以我很尊敬他。
We should respect other people’s feelings.
我們應尊重他人的感受。
The driver stated the facts clearly.
該名駕駛人清楚地陳述了事實。
My grandpa's health is in a good state.
我爺爺的健康狀況良好。
Some European states are willing to help the refugees from that country.
一些歐洲國家願意幫助來自那一國的難民。
Which state of the United States do you live in?
你住在美國的哪一州?
The famous poet's residence has been kept in its original state and has become a tourist attraction.
那位知名詩人的住處保持原貌而且變成了觀光景點。
Please have mercy on me. I’ll never do that again.
請饒了我。我不會再犯了。
Please have pity on me. I’ll never do that again.
請饒了我。我不會再犯了。
Please forgive me. I’ll never do that again.
請饒了我。我不會再犯了。
Each year between July and November, Taiwan is at the mercy of typhoons.
每年從 7 月到 11 月間,臺灣都受到颱風的侵襲。
My boss offered to give me a raise last month.
我老闆上個月主動為我加薪。
Can you walk me through a typical work day?
你可以為我逐一講解日常工作嗎?
What Sean says doesn’t make sense.
尚恩說的話沒道理。
Jack's going to head out in 10 minutes.
傑克十分鐘後就要離開了。