



look before you leap 三思而後行
= Think twice before you do anything important.例:You’d better look before you leap when making such an important decision.
(你做如此重要的決定時,最好三思而後行。)例:You should think about this matter carefully and look before you leap.
(你應當審慎考慮這件事,想清楚後再做決定。)
來看看如何應用在寫作上
Quite often we do things on impulse. Such being the case, mistakes are bound to happen and we might land in trouble. Before we do anything of importance, therefore, we should think twice. As the saying goes, “Look before you leap.”
我們做事往往很衝動。因此,我們常會出錯陷入困境。因此我們在做任何大事之前,就應三思。俗云:『三思而後行。』
It’s dangerous to do things on impulse. Unfortunately, this is often the case with most people. The best policy is, of course, to look before you leap. No wonder they say, “Second thoughts are best.”
做事衝動很危險。不幸地是,這往往是我們每個人的寫照。當然,三思而後行是上策。難怪有人說:『深思熟慮最為恰當。』
You'd better look before you leap. I don’t think you really understand the situation.
你最好三思而後行。我覺得你還沒真正了解狀況。
The dog made a leap for the cat, but it managed to get away.
這隻狗跳向這隻貓,但牠設法逃脫了。
Since I moved to America, my English has improved by leaps and bounds.
我搬到美國後,我的英文就突飛猛進了。
It was a case of love at first sight.
這就是一見鍾情的例子。
In that case, I have nothing else to say.
那樣的話,我沒有其他要說的了。
You should take a sweater, in case it gets cold.
你應該帶件毛衣,以防天氣變冷。
In case of emergency, call this number.
萬一有緊急事件,請打這個號碼。
The rich woman cased the expensive jewelry in a leather box.
這名有錢的女子把昂貴珠寶裝入一個皮革製的箱子裡。
The police are still looking into the case.
警方仍在調查這件案子。
Luke, who’s been working so hard over the past 10 years, is bound to succeed as an outstanding scientist.
路克過去 10 年來都很勤奮,注定會有所成就,成為傑出的科學家。
Given that the economy is still weak, we should think twice about making an
investment.
有鑑於經濟仍然疲弱不振,我們做投資應三思。
No wonder the remote doesn’t work. The batteries are dead.
難怪遙控器不能用。電池沒電了。
恭喜答對獲得 熊贈點 1點
