e.g. I always try to bargain for a better deal when shopping. (我在購物時總是試著殺價爭取更好的交易。)
haggle
e.g. The customer and the salesperson haggled over the cost of the car. (顧客和銷售員在汽車價格上進行了長時間的殺價。)
negotiate
e.g. We need to negotiate a better price with our suppliers. (我們需要與供應商談判獲得更好的價格。)
#詢問價格
How much do you want for this? 這件商品要賣多少呢?
What’s your lowest price? 你的最低報價是多少?
Is that the best you can do? 那是你的最低價了嗎?
Would you accept $10? 10美元你賣嗎? = Would you take $10?
I’ll give you $10 for it. 10美元我就買。
Can you give me a better price? 可以再便宜一點嗎?
Let’s split the difference. 我們取個折衷價吧。
Is there any room for negotiation on the price? 這個價格可以有討論空間嗎?
I'm willing to pay in cash. Can you offer a better deal for that? 我願意現金支付。你能提供更好的交易嗎?
#對價格的回答
That’s my last offer. 那是我的最終報價了。 = That’s my final offer. = That’s my best offer.
Thanks, but I’ll have to pass. 謝謝,但還是算了,我不買了。
Great, I’ll take it. 太棒了,我要買這個。
#討價還價
Can you toss in a pair of socks for free? 你可以再免費送我一雙襪子嗎?
I’ll take it if you are willing to knock $20 off. 如果你肯再便宜20美元我就買。
*toss in sth for free 附帶贈送某物
有氧補給站
knock… off the price 減去…金額
e.g. I will buy this vase if you knock $20 off the original price. (如果你能把這隻花瓶的原價少算20美元,我就會買了。)
knock off 下班
e.g. If I get this report finished, I’ll knock off early. (如果完成這個報告,我就會早點下班。)
knock if off 停止做;住口
e.g. Johnson asked us to knock if off. (喬森要我們暫停一會。) e.g. Knock it off, kids – I’m trying to work here! (孩子們,別吵吧 – 我設法在這兒工作呢!)
knock sb’s socks off 令人刮目相看,令人感到吃驚
e.g. Daisy’s singing and dancing at the performance knocked my socks off. (黛西的歌舞表演讓我刮目相看。)
knockoff n.假貨,仿製品
e.g. This watch is a cheap knockoff. (這只手錶是便宜的假貨。)
情境對話
Vivian:That’s a huge TV you’ve got on display. Shop Owner:Yes, that’s’ the biggest one in the store. Vivian:How much do you want for it? Shop Owner:I’m selling it for $1,000. Vivian:Seriously? That can’t be right. Shop Owner:That actually is the going price for that particular TV. Vivian:I can’t afford that. That’s way too much money. Shop Owner:It’s a very high quality 60-inch plasma TV. Vivian:I’ll give you $800 for it. Shop Owner:$900. That’s the best I can do. Vivian:How about we split the difference? I’ll take it if you can knock another $50 off the price. Shop Owner:OK, $850 is my final offer. Take it or leave it.