



剛入職一間公司,我們都會試圖注意許多方面的細節。 這些細節都有助於我們更好地融入團隊與職場環境
並且在新的工作環境中感到自信和舒適。


Take the stairs in the event of a fire. Don’t use the elevator. 遇到火災時請走樓梯,請勿使用電梯。
You should always wear clean and appropriate attire to demonstrate professionalism. 你應該穿著乾淨得體的衣服以展示專業精神。
Keep your work space neat and tidy. 保持工作空間乾淨整潔。
The company has a strict dress code: all male employees are expected to wear suits. 公司有嚴格的服裝規定:所有男職員都要穿西裝。
You need to back up your important files regularly. 你得定期備份你的重要檔案。
back up sth 將某物備份
First impressions are important, so dress to impress. It is better to be too smart than too casual. 第一印象很重要,所以穿著要給人留下深刻印象。太時髦總比太隨便要好。
Clean up if you’ve made a mess in the office kitchen. 如果你把辦公室廚房弄髒了,請打掃乾淨。
It’s a big no-no to post something inappropriate about your company on your social network websites. 在社群網站上發布跟公司相關的不當資訊是一大禁忌。
a big no-no 很大的忌諱
Don’t eat food that has a pungent smell. 請勿吃味道重的食物。
pungent [ˋpʌndʒənt] a. (氣味)刺鼻的
Don’t overstep boundaries by prying into your coworkers’ private business. 不要越界窺探同事的隱私。
You should have taken more appropriate measures at that time.
當時你應該採取更合適的措施才是。
Jeans are obviously not appropriate for such formal occasions.
這樣正式的場合顯然不適合穿著牛仔褲。
The government is going to appropriate $5 million for the project.
這項工程政府將撥款 5 百萬美元補助。
The salesman demonstrated how to work the machine to us.
該業務員向我們示範說明如何操作這部機器。
Thousands of people demonstrated against the government this morning.
今天早上有好幾千人示威抗議政府。
The scientist demonstrated the effectiveness of the new drug through carefully designed studies. 科學家透過精心設計的研究證明了這種新藥有效。
The manager tried to demonstrate his ability to lead the team.
經理試圖展現領導團隊的能力。
First impressions are often lasting impressions.
第一印象通常會持續很久。
What’s your impression of Penny’s new boyfriend?
你對潘妮的新男友印象如何?
After talking to the principal, I was left with the impression that it was a very good school.
和校長談過話後,我印象覺得這是一所很好的學校。
Kent made a bad impression on Nelly’s parents because he brought her home too late.
肯特給娜莉的父母留了壞印象,因為他太晚送她回家。
I have the impression that you’re not happy.
我覺得你並不快樂。
I was under the impression that Emma was marrying Robert.
我還以為艾瑪要嫁給羅伯特。
The kids left the impression of their hands in the wet cement.
這群小鬼在未乾的水泥上留下手印。
Peter and Bruce's long friendship began with a casual meeting at a party.
彼得與布魯斯長久的友誼始於派對上的一次偶遇。
Mr. Lee's casual remark caused a political storm.
李先生無心的言論引發了一場政治風暴。
You can find casual wear on the sixth floor.
六樓是休閒服裝區。
Cindy prefers casual shoes to high heels.
辛蒂比起高跟鞋,更喜歡穿休閒鞋。
The room is a mess. Clean up before you go.
房間亂七八糟。你先整理好再出門。
Our two-year-old boy is a real “explorer;” he makes a mess of the house several times a day.
我們家的兩歲小子真是個『探險家』,一天會把屋子搞亂好幾次。
I spent a lot of time preparing a party for you. I hope you won’t mess it up.
我花了很多時間為你準備這個派對。希望你不要把它搞砸了。
Stop messing around, John. We need to get back to work.
不要在一旁鬧了,約翰。我們得繼續工作。
I grabbed a bite to eat this morning and then went to work.
早上我隨便抓了點東西吃,便去上班了。
The criminal made a grab for the old woman’s purse.
該名罪犯搶了那個老婦人的手提包。
Charlie grabbed some breakfast and went to school.
查理匆匆吃了點早餐就去上學了。
Eric quickly grabbed his backpack and ran for the bus.
艾瑞克迅速抓起背包衝向公車。
You have to obey the dress code if you want to work here.
如果你想在這邊工作,就必須遵守服裝規定。
Is there a dress code on the invitation?
邀請函上面有提到衣著規定嗎?
This theory needs to be backed up with more data.
這個理論需要更多數據來支持。
You need to back up your important files regularly.
你得定期備份你的重要檔案。
Clean up your room, John. It’s a mess.
約翰,把你的房間整理乾淨。你房間很亂。
It's on me this time.
這次我請客。
