



Directions: A word or phrase is missing in each of the sentences below. Four answer choices are given below each sentence. Select the best answer to complete the sentence. Then mark the letter (A), (B), (C), or (D) on your answer sheet.
![]() |
||
| 大題 / 題型 | 題數 | 答題時間 |
| Part 5 Incomplete Sentence 句子填空 | 30 | 每題 60秒 |
If Mr. Hart is late again, we _______ forced to ask for his resignation.
(A) are being (B) could have been (C) are to be (D) will be
It is essential that the location of our new store _______ in an area with plenty of free parking.
(A) be (B) being (C) is (D) was
The CEO’s secretary will resign because the changes to her working hours _______ putting too much strain on her marriage.
(A) is (B) are (C) being (D) was
Bank of America regrets _______ you that your application for a loan has been rejected.
(A) inform (B) informs (C) to inform (D) informed
| 試題攻略 |
| 1. 如果哈特先生再遲到,我們將被迫請他離職。 |
攻略
a.本句測試下列假設句構:
if + 主詞 + 現在式動詞, 主詞 + 現在式助動詞
( 如 will、can、may、should 等)+ V
If you want to go to the concert, you should buy the tickets now.
如果你想去音樂會,現在就該買票了。
b. 原句 if 引導的副詞子句中,動詞 is 為現在式,得知空格應置現在式助動詞,故 (D) 項應為正選。
It is imperative that the movie star’s itinerary be kept
confidential as he does not want to be spotted by
paparazzi.
這名影星的行程一定要保密,因為他不希望被狗仔隊看到。
It is imperative for us to conduct a market survey to
understand consumer needs before designing a new
product.
在研發新商品之前,我們一定要先做市場調查以了解顧客的
需求。
According to the prime minister, accommodating
the refugees fleeing from that war-torn country is a
moral imperative.
該首相認為,收容那些逃離那飽受戰爭蹂躪的國家的難民,
是道義上的責任。
Having been an editor for nearly ten years, Stan has decided to resign and try teaching for a change.
史坦做編輯快 10 年了,決定辭職並換跑道試試教書。
My car broke down in the middle of nowhere, so I resigned myself to a long walk home.
我的車子在荒郊野外拋錨,因此我只好接受長途走路回家的命運了。
I regret to tell you that you didn’t meet our requirements.
我很抱歉要告訴你,你未達到我們的要求。
There are things we regret doing and things we regret not having done.
我們會後悔做了某些事,也有些事我們後悔沒去做。
I regret to say that I can’t come to the party.
很遺憾,我得告訴你我不能來參加派對。
I regret to inform you that you flunked three subjects this semester.
我很遺憾要通知你,你這學期被當 3 科。
Much to my regret, I didn’t have enough money with me then.
令我很遺憾的是,當時我沒帶夠錢。
I heard of Mr. Wilson’s death with deep regret.
我對威爾遜先生的死訊深感惋惜。
The flight is scheduled to leave at 1:30 p.m.
這班機預定下午 1 點半起飛。
The flight attendant is so pretty and friendly.
那位空服員人好漂亮又好親切。
The flight crew boarded the plane before the passengers.
機組人員比乘客先登機。
As soon as the security alarm went off, the bank robber took flight.
安全警報一響,銀行劫匪就逃走了。
The application of the new data led to the success of the mission.
這些新資訊的運用使得任務順利達成。
It seems that this information has no practical application.
這項訊息似乎沒有實際效用。
Could you tell me how to fill out this application (form) for admission to that university?
你可以告訴我怎麼填寫那所大學的入學申請表格嗎?
This glue has many applications in both construction and home repair. 這種膠水在建築和居家修繕上用途多多。
How soon can you pay off the loan?
你的貸款多久才能還清?
“I’m sorry, but the book is out on loan,” said the librarian.
圖書館管理員說:『很抱歉,這本書被借走了。』
Could you loan me your car for the weekend?
週末你的車可以借我用嗎?
Can you loan me some money?
能借我一些錢嗎?
Can you lend me some money?
能借我一些錢嗎?
Can you loan some money to me?
能借我一些錢嗎?
Can you lend some money to me?
能借我一些錢嗎?
Alfred studied hard before the examination, and it paid off as he received a high score.
艾佛瑞考試前認真念書,而他也獲得回報拿到了高分。
Victor's long hours of practice finally paid off when he won the championship.
維克多贏得冠軍時,他長時間的練習終於得到了回報。
The thief suddenly took out a knife and attacked the police.
這個竊賊突然拔出一把刀襲擊警察。
If you own a micro-electric scooter, you'll have to take out compulsory liability vehicle insurance.
如果你有微型電動二輪車,你就必須投保強制汽車責任保險。
