




The other day, my wife was feeling under the weather, so she asked me to take her to the doctor’s. The traffic was bad on the way there, so we were late for the appointment. We had to get to the back of the queue and wait for an hour until it was our turn again.
To make matters worse, I got a parking ticket for parking illegally outside the clinic! To be frank, it was my fault; I knew I wasn’t supposed to park there. I even saw the sign that told people they would be fined for parking there. However, my wife’s health will always be top priority, so I have no regrets.
前幾天,我太太身體不太舒服,所以請我帶她去看醫生。路途上的交通狀況很糟,所以我們比約診時間還晚到。我們得再排一次隊,等了一個小時才輪到我們看診。
I already made an appointment with my doctor for seven this evening.
我已經和醫師約好今晚 7 點看診。
David was thrilled about receiving an appointment as assistant professor at Cambridge.
大衛很興奮能獲聘到劍橋大學擔任助理教授一職。
No one was pleased with Beth’s appointment as group leader.
沒有人對貝絲獲任命為小組領導人一事感到高興。
No one was at fault in the accident.
這次的意外誰都沒有錯。
Laziness is definitely Ray’s biggest fault.
懶惰肯定是雷最大的缺點。
I don’t like Owen because he tends to find fault with everything I do.
我不喜歡歐文,因為他總是對我做的每件事吹毛求疵。
It’s hard to fault Oliver’s performance.
要從奧利佛的表現中挑毛病很難。
The store around the corner sells fine jewelry.
街角那家店販售高級珠寶。
I don’t want to work on such a fine day.
我不想在天氣這麼好的日子裡工作。
There is a fine line between love and hate.
愛與恨只有一線之隔。
Bill got a NT$6,000 fine for speeding.
比爾因超速被罰款新臺幣 6,000 元。
Bill was fined NT$6,000 for speeding.
比爾因超速被罰款新臺幣 6,000 元。
Cassandra did fine on the exam.
卡珊卓考試考得很好。
I regret to tell you that you didn’t meet our requirements.
我很抱歉要告訴你,你未達到我們的要求。
There are things we regret doing and things we regret not having done.
我們會後悔做了某些事,也有些事我們後悔沒去做。
I regret to say that I can’t come to the party.
很遺憾,我得告訴你我不能來參加派對。
I regret to inform you that you flunked three subjects this semester.
我很遺憾要通知你,你這學期被當 3 科。
Much to my regret, I didn’t have enough money with me then.
令我很遺憾的是,當時我沒帶夠錢。
I heard of Mr. Wilson’s death with deep regret.
我對威爾遜先生的死訊深感惋惜。
The jet lag made me feel under the weather for several days.
時差感讓我不舒服了好幾天。
I already made an appointment with my doctor for seven this evening.
我已經和醫師約好今晚 7 點看診。
Please queue up for the cashier.
請排隊結帳
All of the students are lining up to receive their awards.
所有的學生正排隊等著領獎。
It’s hard to find a parking space in downtown Chicago.
在芝加哥市區很難找到停車位。
I couldn’t find a parking space.
我找不到停車位。
They asked the government to build more parking lots for local people.
他們要求政府為當地居民多建一些停車場。
Our top priority is to improve quality control on the assembly line.
我們的首要任務就是提升裝配線上的品質控管。
