



| ✦<要點 #3> |
| 下列特殊動詞(片語)之後,限接 V-ing 或 being + pp. |
| admit(承認),advise(建議),allow(允許),anticipate(期望),appreciate(感激),avoid(避免),break/burst out(突然……起來),consider(考慮),delay(延期),deny(否認),dread(害怕),enjoy(喜歡),escape(逃避),excuse(原諒),finish(完成),give up(放棄),cannot help(無法避免),imagine(想像),involve(包括),keep(一直),be busy(忙於),loathe(厭惡),mean(意謂),mind(介意),miss(錯過),postpone(延期),practice(練習),quit(停止),recall(想起),resent(厭惡),resist(抗拒),risk(冒險),stand(忍受),suggest(建議)。 |
《補充說明》
advise / allow + O + 不定詞
I advise waiting.
(我建議等候。)
→ I advise you to wait for a while.
(我建議你等候一陣子。)
We do not allow smoking in here.
(我們不允許在這裡面抽菸。)
→ We do not allow passengers to smoke on the train.
(我們不允許乘客在火車上抽菸。)
Children are not admitted to the theater without an adult.
小朋友沒有大人帶是不能進入那間劇院的。
Only five percent of the applicants are admitted to the university.
只有 5% 的申請者獲准進入該所大學。
Jake admitted stealing the money from the cash register.
傑克承認偷了收銀機裡的錢。
The politician admitted to taking bribes.
那位政客坦承受賄。
The doctor advised Grandfather not to climb too many stairs.
醫生建議爺爺別爬太多樓梯。
Travelers have been advised that they should avoid going out alone after dark.
遊客們已被告知天黑後要避免單獨外出。
My parents advised me to save money instead of spending it on unnecessary things.
爸媽建議我存錢,而不是花在不必要的東西上。
I really appreciate this opportunity to speak to you.
我很感激能有機會跟諸位說幾句話。
I really appreciate having this opportunity to speak
to you.
我很感激能有機會跟諸位說幾句話。
I really appreciate your help.
我很感激你的幫忙。
I’m thankful for your help.
我很感激你的幫忙。
I’m grateful for your help.
我很感激你的幫忙。
John’s abilities were not fully appreciated by his
employer.
約翰的能力並未受到僱主充分賞識。
The US dollar keeps depreciating, while the Euro
keeps appreciating.
美元持續貶值,而歐元則持續升值。
The basketball player denied having ever taken any illegal drugs.
該籃球員否認曾經服用任何禁藥。
The basketball player denied that he had ever taken any illegal drugs.
該籃球員否認曾經服用任何禁藥。
There is no denying that honesty is the best policy.
不可否認,誠實至上。
Father denied me any chance to see Greta.
爸爸拒絕給我任何見葛瑞塔的機會。
According to the news, a notorious drug dealer escaped from prison.
據新聞報導,一個惡名昭彰的毒販越獄了。
We were lucky to escape punishment.
我們很幸運沒受到處罰。
We were lucky to escape being punished.
我們很幸運沒受到處罰。
The media reports of the dangerous prisoner’s
escape worried the public.
媒體報導有一危險囚犯越獄了,這令大眾憂心忡忡。
Please excuse me for not coming to the wedding last week.
我上星期沒有去參加婚禮,請見諒。
Can I be excused from doing the chores today?
我今天可以不做這些雜務嗎?
Excuse me, does this train go south or north?
打擾一下,請問這列火車是往南還是往北的?
Oh! Excuse me. I didn’t know this pen was yours.
喔!對不起。我不知道這支筆是你的。
Excuse me, I need to get off at this station.
不好意思借過一下,我得在這站下車。
ou may keep the change.
零錢你留著吧。
The old man keeps cows and sheep on his farm.
這名老人在他的農場飼養牛和羊群。
Keep quiet when you are in the hospital.
在醫院裡要保持安靜。
Keep on working hard, and you'll be successful some day.
繼續努力,那麼有朝一日你就會成功。
Don't walk so fast. I can't keep up with you.
別走那麼快,我跟不上你。
I got a part-time job so I could earn my keep.
我有一份兼職工作,以讓我能賺取生活費。
Jimmy applied some insect repellent to the skin to keep bugs away from him.
吉米在皮膚上塗了一些防蚊液以使蚊蟲遠離他。
You can use smoke to keep bugs away.
你可以使用煙霧來驅趕蟲子。
What does the word mean?
這個字是什麼意思?
What ’s the meaning of this word?
這個字是什麼意思?
I don't mean that you are wrong.
我不是說你錯了。
I meant to help Ryan, but he turned me down.
我有意要幫萊恩,但他拒絕了。
Your support means a lot to me.
你的支持對我來說意義非凡。
Edward is so mean that nobody wants to do business with him.
愛德華太卑鄙了,所以沒人想跟他做生意。
Eddie is the coolest guy in my mind.
艾迪是我心中最酷的男人。
You don't look happy. What's on your mind?
你不太高興的樣子。什麼讓你煩心?
Sophie has her mind set on becoming an actress.
蘇菲決心要成為一名演員。
Would you mind if I opened the window?
你介意我把窗戶打開嗎?
I don't mind driving if you want to take a rest.
如果你想休息的話,我不介意開車。
With his weekend plans in mind, Davey decided not to work overtime on Friday.
考慮到週末的計畫,戴維決定星期五不加班。
No matter what he does, John always has money in mind.
不管做什麼事,約翰滿腦子裡想的都是錢。
Practice makes perfect.
練習造就完美 / 熟能生巧。— 諺語
Our team practices every day.
我們的球隊每天都練習。
Melinda practices playing the piano three hours a day.
梅琳達每天練習彈鋼琴 3 個小時。
The Japanese practice the custom of removing their shoes upon entering a temple.
日本人奉行進寺廟必須脫鞋的習慣。
I want to put my idea into practice as soon as possible.
我想要將我的理念儘早付諸實行。
Many Koreans practice Christianity.
許多韓國人信奉基督教。
Paula announced that she will quit show business next year.
寶拉宣布明年將退出演藝圈。
The old man quit smoking at last.
這位老先生終於戒菸了。
I quit my job because I have to take care of my sick father.
為了照顧生病的父親,我把工作辭掉了。
John no longer works here. He quit two years ago.
約翰已不在這兒工作了。他兩年前就辭職了。
I don't recall seeing that girl before.
我不記得以前曾見過那個女孩子。
I don't remember seeing that girl before.
我不記得以前曾見過那個女孩子。
Toyota has decided to recall all the cars produced in 2004 because of some mechanical problems.
由於若干機械毛病,豐田汽車公司決定召回所有在2004 年生產的車輛。
James has total recall of the events of that night.
詹姆士對那晚發生的事記得清清楚楚。
The company ordered a recall of the dictionary, as the book contained several errors.
公司命令把那本字典全部收回,因為書裡面有好幾處錯誤。
The witness tried to recall every detail of the accident to help with the investigation.
那位目擊者試著回想事故的每個細節,以協助調查。
How can you resist chocolate cake? Whenever I see some, I must have a piece.
你怎麼抗拒得了巧克力蛋糕?我每次看到都非來一塊不可。
You can try to resist, but you know you can’t ignore your deepest desire.
你可以試著抗拒,但你知道你無法忽視你最深層的渴望。
I couldn't resist taking a look at that beautiful girl when she passed by.
那個美女經過時,我忍不住看了她一眼。
= I couldn't help taking a look at that beautiful girl when she passed by.
那個美女經過時,我忍不住看了她一眼。
= I couldn't help but take a look at that beautiful girl when she passed by.
那個美女經過時,我忍不住看了她一眼。
Parents shouldn't run the risk of leaving their children alone.
父母不應冒讓小孩獨處的風險。
The soldier risked his life trying to save his friend.
那位士兵冒著生命危險,企圖拯救他的朋友。
Jane's father warns her not to risk traveling alone.
珍的爸爸警告她不要冒險獨自去旅行。
Rita's mistake put her children at risk.
莉塔犯的錯使她的孩子遭受危險。
Don ’t stand on that chair. It might break.
別站在椅子上。它可能會斷掉。
Dennis stood up to shake his boss hand.
丹尼斯站起來和老闆握手。
I just can't stand Teddy's bad temper.
我就是無法忍受泰迪的壞脾氣。
To most people, roses stand for love.
對大部分的人來說,玫瑰花象徵愛情。
Whatever happens, I will stand by you.
不論發生什麼事,我都會支持你。
Jerry stood up for my proposal at the meeting.
傑瑞在會議中支持我的提案。
The prime minister took a stand on animal rights.
總理就動物權益表明立場。
Kelly bought some ice cream from the stand.
凱莉在那個攤位買了些冰淇淋。
Economic development is our top priority now.
發展經濟是我們的當務之急。
The development of the medicine took many years.
開發這藥物花了好幾年的時間。
The company’s success was due to its investment in
research and development.
這公司會成功是因為其在研發方面的投資。
I’ll keep you posted on the latest developments.
230 我會向你通報最新的進展。
It has been raining since I left for work this morning.
從早上我去上班後,雨就一直下個不停。
Since there is no more work, we can all go home.
由於沒工作要做了,我們全都可以回家。
We haven't seen each other since last year.
我們從去年起就沒見過面了。
Luke moved to Belgium three years ago, and I haven’t seen him since.
路克 3 年前搬去比利時,自那之後我便沒再見過他了。
For the sake of my son, I've decided to give up smoking.
為了我兒子,我決定戒菸。
I couldn’t help taking a look at that beautiful girl when she passed by.
那個美女經過時,我忍不住看了她一眼。
David looked so funny that I couldn’t help laughing.
大衛看起來好滑稽,我不禁笑了出來。
I knew you would end up borrowing money from me.
我就知道你最後還是會跟我借錢。
Dave studied very little and ended up failing the test.
戴夫幾乎沒讀書,落得考試不及格的下場。
I'll stay here for a while.
我將在這裡停留一會兒。
After lunch, Jacob rested for a while before going back to work.
午餐後,雅各休息片刻才回去工作。
The boy cried as soon as he saw the stranger.
小男孩一看到那個陌生人就哭了。
Mary graduated in history from Yale University last year.
瑪莉去年自耶魯大學歷史系畢業。
Mark smokes all the time.
馬克總是在抽菸。
If you break the rules, you will be punished.
你如果違反規則就會被處罰。
I have difficulty communicating with a stubborn man like Tony.
我很難與像東尼那樣固執的人溝通。
