



discount n. 折扣 & vt. 打折
a corporate discount 公司員工優惠價
The salesclerk gave Jenny a 20% discount on the dress because she is a regular customer.
因為珍妮是常客,所以這名店員給這件洋裝打八折。We’re offering a 10% discount on our magazines for next year to loyal subscribers.
我們正提供忠實訂閱戶明年份雜誌九折優惠。Give me a discount, please.
拜託給我打個折。I'm sorry. It's my fault. I'll give you a discount on the fare.
很抱歉。這是我的疏忽。車費我會給你打折。Y: Can't you make it a little cheaper?
X: Oh, no, sir. We already gave you a discount on each item.
Y:你能不能算便宜一點呢?
X:哦,不行,先生。每一件東西我們都給您打過折扣了。
give sb a 20% discount on sth 就某物給某人打八折
I'll give you 20% off on the skirt.
= I'll give you a 20% discount on the skirt.
這條裙子我給妳打 8 折。If you buy it from me, I'll give you a 10% discount.
如果你向我買,我就給你打 9 折。
discount 當名詞是『折價,折扣』。當動詞時,除了當打折之外,還有『不理會、不重視』的意思,例如︰
The chairman discounted my suggestions in the meeting.
主席在會議中不理會我提出的建議。To remain profitable in this highly competitive market, it is necessary for us to discount our products on occasion.
為了在這高度競爭的市場裡保持獲利,偶爾對產品進行折扣對我們來說是必要的。
Joyce is one of our store’s regular customers.
喬伊絲是我們店裡的常客之一。
John doesn’t have a regular job.
404 約翰沒有固定的工作。
Peggy visits her grandmother on a regular basis.
佩琪定期探望她的祖母。
My sister’s boyfriend phones her at 8 p.m. every day, regular as clockwork.
我姊姊的男朋友每天晚上 8 點打電話給她,非常準時。
Tommy looks like a regular guy, but in fact, he is a billionaire.
湯米看起來像普通人,但事實上他是個億萬富豪。
The bartender offered the regulars free drinks on New Year’s Eve.
調酒師在跨年夜提供常客免費的飲料。
No one was at fault in the accident.
這次的意外誰都沒有錯。
Laziness is definitely Ray’s biggest fault.
懶惰肯定是雷最大的缺點。
I don’t like Owen because he tends to find fault with everything I do.
我不喜歡歐文,因為他總是對我做的每件事吹毛求疵。
It’s hard to fault Oliver’s performance.
要從奧利佛的表現中挑毛病很難。
No one remained in the hall soon after the concert was over.
音樂會結束沒多久,大廳裡一個人影都不剩了。
Though divorced, Anna and David still remain friends.
雖然離婚了,安娜和大衛仍是朋友。
The problem still remains unsolved.
這個問題仍然一直沒被解決。
It remains to be seen which team will win.
哪一隊會贏尚有待觀察。
Since I was a regular customer at this fashion boutique, they gave me a 30% discount on that dress.
因為我是這家精品店的老顧客,所以那套洋裝他們幫我打了七折。
恭喜答對獲得 熊贈點 1點
