



| ✦<要點 #2> |
| Since 引導的副詞子句 |
|
句型 (1): |
| S + have/has + pp. + (ever) since + | ① S + 過去式V. | 自從…… |
| ② 過去的時間 | ||
| ③ × |
《補充說明》 since 表『自從』引導副詞子句時,該子句需用『過去式』動詞,主要子句用『現在完成式』動詞。
|
句型 (2):since + S + 一般V... 既然∕因為…… |
《補充說明》 since 表『既然/因為』= seeing that = now that
It has been raining since I left for work this morning.
從早上我去上班後,雨就一直下個不停。
Since there is no more work, we can all go home.
由於沒工作要做了,我們全都可以回家。
We haven't seen each other since last year.
我們從去年起就沒見過面了。
Luke moved to Belgium three years ago, and I haven’t seen him since.
路克 3 年前搬去比利時,自那之後我便沒再見過他了。
Tony played soccer until he got tired.
湯尼踢足球踢到累了為止。
Helen played video games until almost 2 a.m.
海倫玩電玩到接近凌晨 2 點。
Not until she completed the report did Nancy rest.
南希直到完成報告後才休息。
It was not until Ann had a baby that she realized how difficult it was to be a mother.
直到小安有了孩子,她才意識到當母親是多麼難。
Don’t blame me for your misery.
不要把你的痛苦怪罪到我身上。
Don’t blame your misery on me.
不要把你的痛苦怪罪到我身上。
The authorities concerned believe that more than one person is to blame for the fire.
有關當局認為要為這場火災負責的人不只 1 個。
Jason felt upset to get the blame for the mistake.
傑森因為那個錯誤而被責備覺得很難過。
The terrorist was captured at the border.
這名恐怖分子在邊境被捕。
There has been a series of terrorist attacks in that country.
那國家已連續發生一連串的恐怖攻擊事件了。
The number of terrorist threats has increased recently.
最近恐怖威脅的次數已加增。
The president will not deal with a terrorist organization.
總統不會和恐怖組織打交道。
Help me measure the length of this table.
幫我量桌子的長度。
We can't measure a writer's success in terms of book sales.
我們不能以書籍銷售數字來衡量一個作家的成就。
This room measures 30 square meters.
這個房間的大小為 30 平方公尺。
Without hard work, you can't measure up to your parents' expectations.
你若不努力就不能達到你父母的期望。
A yard is a measure of length.
碼是一種長度的度量單位。
Age is not an accurate measure of maturity.
年齡並非衡量成熟度的精確標準。
The government should take better measures to fight crime.
政府應該採取更好的措施來打擊犯罪。
There are an estimated 50,000 alien residents in this country.
該國估計有 5 萬名外僑。
That practice is alien to us.
那個習俗對我們而言很陌生。
Before becoming a US citizen, Roy was labeled an alien by the government.
羅伊成為美國公民前,被政府歸類為外國人。
Do you believe in aliens from outer space?
你相信外太空有外星人的存在嗎?
The artist's idea for the masterpiece evolved from a casual conversation with a neighbor.
這名藝術家對這傑作的構想是從他和鄰居一段隨興的對話演變來的。
Through months of teamwork, our idea finally evolved into a feasible plan.
藉由數個月的團隊合作,我們的想法終於化為可行的計畫。
Our understanding of technology continues to evolve as new innovations emerge.
隨著創新技術的出現,我們對科技的理解持續演變。
Mary graduated in history from Yale University last year.
瑪莉去年自耶魯大學歷史系畢業。
Dennis liked the restaurant so much that he came back many times.
丹尼斯很喜歡這間餐廳,所以他再訪好幾次了。
Now that you have brought it up, I do remember.
現在你一談到這件事,我就想起來了。
I haven't heard from you in a long time.
我好久沒收到你的消息了。
With the agenda done, I think we can call it a day early.
議程討論完成,我想我們可以早點結束。
Susan is concerned about my health, so she persuaded me to quit smoking.
蘇珊擔心我的健康,所以說服我戒菸。
I have only invited a few people.
我只邀請了一些人。
We threw a party for our son’s birthday.
我們開派對為兒子慶生。
I’ve gained weight. I need to go on a diet now.
我胖了,現在該節食了。
Some new school rules were put in place last year.
學校在去年實施了一些新的校規。
Adults are responsible for their actions.
成年人要為自己的行為負責。
You should be responsible for what you've done.
你應該對自己做過的事負責。
Five passengers were injured in the accident,
including a pregnant woman.
5 名乘客在此意外中受傷,包括 1 名孕婦在內。
