會議改期算是一件蠻普遍的事情,有時會因為突發情況而發生,可能導致會議改期的情況。發生這些情況時,主辦方通常會盡量提前通知參與者並重新安排會議時間,以確保會議能夠順利進行。若是個人代表,提前告知對方是基本的素養,也別忘了清楚地表達了你需要改期會議的原因。
If we met at 2 PM, would that suit you? 如果我們下午兩點碰面,你方便嗎? suit [ sut ] v. 適合
Tomorrow afternoon suits me fine. 我明天下午可以。
I’m so sorry, but I won’t be able to attend our meeting today.
很抱歉,我今天不能參加會議了。
We’ve had an emergency in the office. Do you mind if we reschedule our meeting?
我們辦公室發生了急事。你介意我們重新安排會議嗎?
There has been a traffic accident, and I don’t think I can make it to our meeting on time.
發生了交通事故,我想我無法準時出席會議了。
The traffic is terrible / gridlocked / at a standstill. 交通糟透了/ 堵得水瀉不通/ 堵塞了。 gridlocked [ˋgrɪd͵lɑkt] a. 堵塞的
gridlock [ˋgrɪd͵lɑk] n. (市區街道的)交通堵塞
standstill [ˋstænd͵stɪl] n. 停止
at a standstill 堵塞
I regret to inform you that I need to reschedule our meeting for today due to illness.
我很遺憾地通知你,由於我不舒服,需要重新安排今天的會議。
There seems to be a bug going around in the office. Would it be OK if we reschedule our meeting?
辦公室裡似乎有輕微傳染病。我們重新安排會議可以嗎?bug [bʌg] n. (非正式)小病,輕微的傳染病
We’re short of staff. / We’re understaffed. / A lot of my colleagues are off sick.
我們人手不足。/ 我們人手不足。/我很多同事都請病假了。be short of sth 短缺某物
understaffed = short-staffed 人手不足的
I’m afraid I need to postpone our meeting as something unexpected has come up.
恐怕我得延後我們的會議,因為有意外事情發生了。
Harold witnessed a traffic accident on his way to school.
哈洛德上學途中目睹了一場車禍。
Sam made it to the airport in time to catch his flight.
山姆及時趕到機場搭上飛機。
Jim was absent from work yesterday due to illness.
吉姆昨天因生病而沒來上班。
I'm a little short of money. Could you lend me some?
我有點缺錢,你能不能借我一些?
She's tied up at a meeting. You can leave a message, and I'll have her call you back as soon as possible.
她正忙著開會。您可以留言,我會請她儘快回電話給您。