慣用語
G = Gary R = Rita
G:I thought you were on a diet.
R: I was, but I’m breaking it today.
G: Why?
R: I’m under a lot of pressure right now. Finals are coming up.
Some people do very well under pressure.
有些人在壓力下會表現得非常好。
Running puts pressure on your knees.
跑步會對膝蓋造成壓迫。
Jenny never gives in to peer pressure.
珍妮從不屈服於同儕的壓力。
Eating too much salt can increase your blood pressure.
吃太多鹽會使血壓升高。
It seemed that the salesman pressured Gordon into
buying the car.
那推銷員似乎向戈登施壓,要他買那輛車。
It seemed that the salesman pressured Gordon to
buy the car.
那推銷員似乎向戈登施壓,要他買那輛車。
I never figured Johnny was a talented director.
我從不認為強尼是位有才華的導演。
We need to figure out a way to fix this problem.
我們得想出個方法來解決這個問題。
The professional basketball player just signed an eight-figure contract.
那位職籃選手剛簽下一張價值 8 位數的合約。
That woman has a fine figure.
那女人身材很好。
I figure we should leave around 8 a.m. to avoid traffic.
我覺得我們應該早上八點左右出發以避開車流。
Public figures are often under great pressure.
公眾人物經常承受很大的壓力。
I don’t want any fried chicken. I’m on a diet.
我不想吃炸鷄。我正在節食。
This long winter is finally ending, and spring is coming up.
這個漫長的冬天終於快要結束了,春天就要來了。