圖片寫作
提示
你認為下面兩張圖片中呈現的是什麼景象?你對這些景象有什麼感想?請根據圖片內容,寫一篇英文作文,文長至少 120 個單詞(words)。文分兩段,第一段描述兩張圖片中所呈現的場景;第二段討論導致這個現象可能的原因,並說明你認為未來可以採取什麼因應措施。
寫作指導
第一段根據兩張圖片內容描述當時的事件:
要將圖片內容轉化成文字,首先要運用觀察力分析畫面的來龍去脈,看清楚圖片中出現什麼,包括人物、地點、事件等,把握重點細節後,再將觀察到的內容進行具體的描述(description)。
第二段描寫該事件可能的原因,並說明可採取的因應措施:
在本段中,要列舉上述事件可能的發生原因,並根據原因提出具體的解決之道,以避免類似事件再度發生。用以下的概念圖來發想段落架構:
範文:
My mom, my sister, and I were heading home when it started to pour. The torrential rain quickly led to serious flooding. While we were trying to wade across the road, the water level rose so rapidly that we, as well as many others, were totally stranded and had no choice but to wait for inflatable boats to come to our rescue. We were soaked and scared, and just felt lucky that we were alive.
This sudden flooding after heavy rain might have resulted from a couple of factors. One is that the drainage system might be too old to handle draining large amounts of water after a sudden downpour. Another is that huge amounts of litter might have blocked the water pipes, keeping the water from draining swiftly. To solve this issue, the authorities should frequently inspect and better maintain the drainage systems. Furthermore, the general public should not litter. Instead, they should help pick up garbage to prevent water pipe blockages. If people practice the above measures, flooding will one day hopefully be a thing of the past.
The issue of sexual discrimination in the office was widely discussed during the meeting.
會議中辦公室性別歧視的議題被廣泛討論。
Susan took issue with Peter over who should be responsible for the mistake.
針對誰應對這個錯負責,蘇珊與彼得有所爭論。
What is at issue now is when we should deal with the problem.
現在受爭議的問題是,我們應要何時處理這個問題。
The latest issue of Vogue magazine featured an interview with Gal Gadot.
最新一期的《時尚》雜誌特刊出蓋兒•加朵的專訪。
The government has issued a large number of booklets to explain its new policies.
政府發行很多手冊來解釋它的新政策。
You should soak beans in cold water overnight before boiling them.
煮豆子前應該要在冷水中浸泡一夜。
In order to relax, I soaked in the tub for a while.
為了放鬆,我在浴缸裡泡了一會兒。
Young children are like sponges because they can soak up information incredibly quickly.
幼童就像海綿,吸收資訊的速度快得驚人。
Before washing the dishes, Millie decided to let them have a soak in hot, soapy water.
米莉決定洗碗前先把這些碗盤浸在熱泡泡水中。
Please pour water into the jug and then place it on the table.
請把水倒到罐子裡,然後把罐子放在桌上。
It's pouring now. You may as well stay here for the night.
現在正在下大雨,你不妨留下來過夜。
It's raining hard now. You may as well stay here for the night.
現在正在下大雨,你不妨留下來過夜。
It's raining cats and dogs. You may as well stay here for the night.
現在正在下大雨,你不妨留下來過夜。
When it rains, it pours.
每次下雨,就會下傾盆大雨。/ 禍不單行。
It never rains but it pours.
每次下雨,就會下傾盆大雨。/ 禍不單行。
Bob often pours out his problems to me and expects me to give him some advice.
鮑伯經常向我傾訴他的問題,希望我給他一些建議。
The water in the bathtub should be drained first.
浴缸的水應該先放掉。
Many African countries have had a problem with brain drain over the years.
多年來,非洲許多國家一直都有人才外流的問題。
The dirty water drained out of the washing machine.
髒水從洗衣機中排出。
The war drained the country's resources.
這場戰爭耗盡了該國的資源。
I poured cleaner into the drain to remove the clog.
我把清潔劑倒進排水管來清掉堵塞。
After the fair, litter was everywhere.
展覽會之後,到處都是垃圾。
On hearing a strange sound, I walked over to the bushes and found a litter of puppies.
我聽到奇怪的聲音,走到樹叢去,發現了一窩小狗。
Some people litter by throwing garbage out of their car windows.
有些人會亂丟垃圾,把它們直接丟出車窗外。
Don’t litter, or you’ll be fined.
別亂丟垃圾,否則你會被罰款。
John is sloppy, and his room is always littered with old newspapers.
約翰很邋遢,他的房間到處都是舊報紙。
Ben’s failure resulted from laziness.
班的失敗起因於懶惰。
You have no choice but to apologize to the public.
你除了向大眾道歉之外別無選擇。
My carefree childhood is a thing of the past.
我無憂無慮的童年已成過往。