慣用語
S = Stuart M = Mitch
S: My finger is killing me.
M: Did you hurt it while playing tennis?
S: No, I’ve been making cold calls all day long.
M: Any luck?
S: No. I think I need to try something different. Any suggestions?
M: Be tactful. Customers don’t like a pushy salesperson.
S: You might be right. That could be why I’m always getting hung up on.

a cold call 指的是業務員直接撥打電話給不認識的潛在客戶,以推銷商品或服務。由於對方對來電者毫不認識,事前亦並不知情,因此稱為 a cold call。make a cold call 即指打電話給潛在客戶做「陌生電訪」。
• As a sales representative for an insurance company, Kent has to make numerous cold calls every day.
身為保險公司的業務員,肯特每天都要進行很多陌生電訪。
I’ll give you double pay for working overtime.
你加班我會付你雙倍薪水。
The boss was surprised when the new employee asked him to double his salary.
這位新進員工要求將薪資加倍時,老闆吃了一驚。
Sam is the double of his father.
山姆是他父親的翻版。
I have been charged double for this item.
這商品我被收了雙倍的價錢。
The pan comes with some nice extras, such as these mugs.
平底鍋有附一些不錯的加購品,比如這些杯子。
We need an extra two hours to complete the work.
我們需要額外 2 個小時才能完成這工作。
The restaurant charges extra if we bring our own drinks.
如果我們自己帶飲料,那家餐廳會額外收費。
I think you should apologize to Patty. It was rude of you to hang up on her like that.
我覺得你應該向佩蒂道歉。你那樣掛她電話很沒禮貌。
You got the job? Way to go! I knew you could do it.
你找到工作了?太棒了!我就知道你能行。