圖解世界
M: Mark D: Diana
Mark and Diana are getting up early to go to Fulong Beach.
D: I’m so excited. Let’s pack our stuff and hop on the train. Did you check the railway timetable online?
M: I did. We still have 30 minutes before we need to be at Taipei Main Station. Make sure to grab our swimsuits and sunblock.
D: I’ve got them. You fill the cooler with the snacks and drinks. Do you want to grab a swim ring or flippers?
M: No. Just bring the towels. We can rent a beach umbrella and two surfboards in Fulong.
D: OK. I’ve got my sunglasses. Let’s roll.
(Mark and Diana finish surfing and go back to the shore.)
M: What an amazing day in the sunshine! I’m beat.
D: I know. Surfing was so much fun. I’m glad I caught my first big wave.
M: I’m very proud of you for learning to surf in such a short time, but your shoulders are red. Let me apply some aloe vera lotion to your sunburn.
D: Thanks. My shoulders are sore, but it was totally worth it!
M: Now we can spend the day taking a sunbath and chilling on the beach.
I grabbed a bite to eat this morning and then went to work.
早上我隨便抓了點東西吃,便去上班了。
The criminal made a grab for the old woman’s purse.
該名罪犯搶了那個老婦人的手提包。
Charlie grabbed some breakfast and went to school.
查理匆匆吃了點早餐就去上學了。
The painting is worth five million dollars.
這幅畫值 5 百萬美元。
The record is worth listening to again and again.
這張唱片值得一聽再聽。
Any worker worth his or her salt knows the
importance of punctuality.
任何一個稱職的員工都知道守時的重要。
If you’re lucky, you could get one thousand dollars’ worth of coupons.
幸運的話,可以獲得價值 1,000 元的禮券。
If you’re lucky, you could get $1,000 worth of coupons.
幸運的話,可以獲得價值 1,000 元的禮券。
This is a book of real worth.
這是一本真正有價值的書。
I felt the chill in the air when I left home this morning and realized that winter was around the corner.
今天早上我出門時感到一陣寒意,知道冬天就要到了。
Dry your hair before you go out, or you’ll catch a chill.
把你頭髮吹乾再出門,不然你會著涼的。
David suddenly realized, with a chill of fear, that his business partners had been plotting against him.
大衛倒抽一口涼氣,突然發現自己的生意合夥人一直對他圖謀不軌。
After playing in the snow all morning, Jeff was chilled to the bone.
傑夫玩了一個早上的雪後,他凍僵了。
Emma told her friend to chill the white wine before drinking it.
艾瑪告訴她的朋友在飲用白酒前要冰鎮一下。
Chill out! We’ve got loads of time to get to the airport.
放鬆點!我們有很多時間能抵達機場。
When I left the front door open, a chill wind blew through the house.
我讓前門開啟時,一陣冷風吹進屋內。
Just chill for a moment. You work too hard.
你先放輕鬆一下。你工作太辛苦了。
A bully beat Johnny up at school.
在學校有個惡霸毆打強尼。
We beat that team (by) 97-95.
我們以 97 比 95 的比數打敗那支隊伍。
A: How long will it take to finish the job?
B: (It) beats me.
A:這工作需要多久才能做完?
B:這可考倒我了。
Hearing Clara’s voice made my heart beat fast.
聽到克萊拉的聲音讓我心跳加速。
The nurse told me my grandfather had a heart rate of 60 beats per minute.
護士告訴我,我爺爺的心跳為每分鐘跳 60 下。
The beat of the raindrops on the roof is very noisy.
屋頂上的雨滴敲打聲很吵。
Everyone danced to the beat of the music.
大家都跟著這音樂的拍子跳舞。
The rich man can hop on a plane and fly to whichever country he likes anytime.
那位富人可以隨時搭飛機去任何他喜歡的國家。
Students will learn how to apply this theory to real-life situations.
學生將學習如何將這理論應用於實際生活情境中。
Apply this cream to your wound three times a day.
每天將這藥膏塗在傷口上 3 次。
Skydiving was extremely expensive, but it was completely worth it.
高空跳傘非常昂貴,但非常值得。
Molly takes a sunbath frequently trying to get tanned.
茉莉為了曬成棕褐色所以經常曬日光浴。
請依句意在空格內填入適當的字詞
1. 艾瑞克衝出家門然後跳上校車。
Eric dashed out of the house and __________ the school bus.
2. 把這個護膚霜塗抹在你的臉上,臉就不會乾了。
________ the cream to your face, and it won’t feel dry.
3. 突然間,一個搶匪快速地抓了珊迪的錢包。
Suddenly, a robber quickly ______ Sandy’s purse.
答案:1. hopped on 2. Apply 3. grabbed
馬克和黛安娜早起要去福隆海水浴場。
黛安娜:我好興奮啊。我們打包一下東西就上火車吧。你有在網路上查火車時刻表嗎?
馬 克:我查了。我們再三十分鐘就得到臺北車站。要記得拿我們的泳衣跟防曬乳喔。
黛安娜:我拿了。那你把點心跟飲料塞進保冷箱裡。你想要拿游泳圈或是蛙鞋嗎?
馬 克:不了。只要帶浴巾就好。我們可以在福隆租個海灘陽傘和兩個衝浪板。
黛安娜:好。我拿好太陽眼鏡了。我們走吧。 (馬克和黛安娜結束衝浪,並回到岸上。)
馬 克:真是一個陽光普照的一天啊!我累壞了。
黛安娜:真的。衝浪真是太好玩了。我很開心我衝了我第一個巨浪。
馬 克:妳在這麼短時間內學會衝浪,我真替妳感到驕傲,但妳的肩膀紅紅的。讓我塗一點蘆薈乳液在妳曬傷的部位。
黛安娜:謝了。我肩膀有點痠痛,但這一切都值得!
馬 克:現在我們可以曬個日光浴在海灘上好好放鬆一整天。
恭喜答對獲得 熊贈點 1點