探索科學|本集 精彩教學影片(講解老師:Bruce & Antony 老師)
New parents are taught that when a baby cries, the first thing to consider is its comfort. In other words, make sure the baby is not in pain or an uncomfortable position. If everything seems all right, the baby is possibly hungry or making a bowel movement. The baby may also just be tired or need attention. If the baby cries for no obvious reason, it’s likely that they are suffering from a condition called colic.
When babies are crying and the reasons aren’t clear, try picking them up and rocking them gently. Walking around with them may calm them as their focus is drawn to the motion or changing environment. Speaking to babies in a soft voice can also be effective. Other methods include giving babies a warm bath to help them relax, or wrapping the baby in a blanket to give them a sense of security.
Despite all the material comforts, the rich man is''t happy.
這個富翁儘管有種種的物質享受,卻仍不快樂。
I find comfort in listening to music whenever I feel troubled.
每當我心煩時就會在聽音樂中找到慰藉。
We comforted the woman when her child was killed in a car accident.
這位婦人的孩子在車禍中喪生,我們便安慰她。
A soft blanket can bring comfort on a cold night.
一條柔軟的毯子能在寒冷的夜晚帶來舒適。
My sister finds comfort in listening to her favorite singer's slow songs.
我妹妹會透過聽最喜歡歌手的慢歌找到安慰。
You’re in no position to criticize others. You are at fault, too.
你沒有資格批評他人。你也有錯。
You’re not entitled to criticize others. You are at fault, too.
你沒有資格批評他人。你也有錯。
This position pays a lot of money, but the work is hard.
這個職務待遇不錯,不過工作挺辛苦的。
Position these tomato plants on the right-hand side of the balcony.
將這些番茄植物放在陽臺的右側。
Our hotel is in a superb position overlooking the sea.
本飯店地處絕佳位置,可俯瞰海景。
Just relax and sit in a comfortable position.
只需放鬆並舒服地坐著。
My cousin holds a high position in the government.
我表哥在政府位居要職。
What would you do if you were in my position?
假如你處在我的情況下會怎麼做?
The second-hand car is still in excellent condition.
這輛二手車的車況仍相當不錯。
I can lend you the money on the condition that you pay it back on time.
你若準時還錢,我就借給你。
Many people have been conditioned to believe that men should not cry.
很多人已經習慣地認為男人不應該哭。
The hospital specializes in treating a rare heart condition that affects young adults.
這家醫院專門治療一種影響年輕成人的罕見心臟疾病。
Be quiet! I’m trying to focus my mind on this paper.
安靜點!我正設法集中心思在這份論文上。
I am so tired that I cannot focus on anything today.
我今天累死了,做什麼事都沒有辦法集中注意力。
Diana’s beauty made her the focus of attention at the party tonight.
黛安娜的美貌讓她在今晚的宴會成為眾所矚目的焦點。
The main focus of our meeting is the new project.
我們會議的主要重點為這項新企劃案。
The little girl wrapped some coins in her handkerchief.
小女孩用手帕包了一些硬幣。
Hannah covered the sandwiches in plastic wrap to keep them fresh.
漢娜用塑膠膜包好三明治為了讓它們保鮮。
Claire likes to wear a wrap in the office to keep herself warm.
克萊兒喜歡在辦公室披著披肩來保持自身溫暖。
Can you wrap up the food so we can take it home?
你可以把食物包起來好讓我們帶回家嗎?
Peter was so wrapped up in his work that he didn’t notice me coming.
彼得非常專心地在工作,因此沒發現我的到來
Peter was so absorbed in his work that he didn’t notice me coming.
彼得非常專心地在工作,因此沒發現我的到來。
The speaker wrapped up his speech with a joke.
演講人說了一個笑話就結束演講了。
The average age of my students is fifteen.
我的學生平均年齡是 15 歲。
Don’t ask difficult questions. They’re just students of average intelligence.
不要問很難的問題。他們只是智力一般的學生。
The workaholic works an average of 16 hours a day.
這個工作狂每天平均工作 16 小時。
The workaholic works 16 hours a day on average.
這個工作狂每天平均工作 16 小時。
On average, we work five hours overtime each week.
平均而言,我們一星期加班 5 小時。
That rich man averages ten vacations a year.
那個富翁平均每年有 10 個假期。
Paul gave his girlfriend a great sense of security.
保羅給他女友很大的安全感。
On average, we work five hours overtime each week.
平均而言,我們一星期加班 5 小時。