



schedule n. 時間表;行程 & vt. 排定
【on schedule 按照進度】
I am convinced that John can finish the project on schedule.
我相信約翰會如期完成這項計劃。【ahead of schedule 進度超前】
John completed the project ahead of schedule.
約翰提前將專案完成。【behind schedule 進度落後】
Our project has fallen behind schedule.
我們的專案計畫進度落後。We have to make it quick; we are behind schedule now.
我們動作得快一點;我們現在進度落後。

主管或是資深前輩一定會時不時下馬威督促進度,英文就是 crack the whip。
crack the whip 在字面意思上看來是甩起鞭子,發出霹靂啪啦的聲音,就延伸為上位者對下位者施壓,督促對方前進。
whip 是「鞭子」,crack 是「發出霹靂啪啦的聲音」。像有時候我們假裝要打人,會把手指關節用的霹啪響,也是用這個字 crack。
- The manager has started to crack the whip because the progress has been very slow for the past two months.
由於過去兩個月的進度一直很緩慢,經理已開始下馬威(督促進度)了。
The mother changed her baby’s diaper in the restroom.
這位媽媽在洗手間替小寶寶換尿布。
The magician changed the mouse into a bird.
魔術師把老鼠變成一隻鳥。
Do you think Debbie has changed since she became famous?
你認為黛比自從成名後,是否改變了?
Eddie doesn’t like the change of plans.
艾迪不喜歡計畫的變更。
You can keep the change.
零錢不用找了。
Most of the eggs Erin bought cracked when she dropped her basket.
大部分艾琳買的蛋在她的籃子掉到地上時都破了。
After hours of trial and error, Ted cracked the code.
經過好幾個小時的反覆試驗後,泰迪終於解開密碼了。
Dad won’t allow me to go skating today because of the dangerous cracks in the ice.
老爸今天不讓我去溜冰,因為冰上有危險的裂縫。
The police will spare no effort to crack down on the underworld.
警方將全力掃黑。
Sean booked the hotel six months in advance.
尚恩提前 6 個月訂飯店。
Greg, is the product launch still on schedule?
葛列格,這項產品是否還是會如期推出?
I’m glad that we finished the work ahead of schedule.
真高興我們提前完工。
We've already slipped behind schedule because we're shorthanded.
= We've already fallen behind schedule because we're shorthanded.
由於人手不足,我們的進度已經落後了。
恭喜答對獲得 熊贈點 1點
