



在英文中,肚子餓有個單詞你一定知道,就是” hungry ”。I’m hungry. 也是我們最常用來形容「我餓了」的說法。
除了hungry,英文裡還是有其他種道地的表示方式,餓的程度不同也會有不一樣的說法。
I’m starving (to death). 我要餓死了。
‧ starving (a.) 飢餓的
ex: I was starving this morning because I forgot to eat my breakfast. (我今天早上快餓死因為我忘了吃早餐。)
I’m famished / ravenous. 我餓壞了。
‧ famished (a.) 非常飢餓的
‧ ravenous (a.) 極其飢餓的 (狼吞虎咽的)
ex: I’m exhausted and famished now. Isn’t dinner ready yet? (我又累又餓,晚餐還沒好嗎?)
ex: I just realized that I haven’t eaten anything since leaving home, and I’m ravenous now. (我意識到從我離開家後就沒吃東西,我現在餓到不行。)
I could eat a (whole) horse! 我超餓。(餓到可以吃下一頭馬)。
ex: I’m so hungry and could eat a horse. I was so busy I didn’t even have time to grab a bite. (我現在爆餓。我忙到甚至沒有時間簡單吃點東西。)
My stomach is growling/rumbling (from hunger). 飢腸轆轆的 (我的肚子在咕咕叫了。)
‧ stomach (n.) 胃,肚子
‧ growl (v.) 發隆隆聲
‧ rumbling (a.) 隆隆作響的
ex: Honey, can we go out for dinner now? My stomach is growling. (親愛的,我們可以外出吃晚餐了嗎? 我肚子在咕嚕咕嚕叫了。)
I’m feeling peckish. 我覺得有點餓。 (嘴饞、有些餓) = I’m a bit peckish. (I’m a little bit hungry.)
‧ peckish (a.) 有些餓的
ex: I’m feeling peckish now. Stop showing me these food pictures. (我現在有一點點餓,別再給我看這些食物照了)
I’ve got the munchies. 我有點嘴饞。(不是很餓,就想吃點小東西。)
‧ munch (v.) 咀嚼
‧ munchies (n.) 點心;零嘴
ex: Do you have any peanuts or crackers? I’ve got the munchies. (你有沒有花生或餅乾之類的?我有點嘴饞想吃點東西。)
I could have a nibble. 想吃點東西。
‧ nibble (v.) 小口小口咬 (n.) 一小口
ex: Though it’s not yet lunch time, I could have a nibble. (雖現在不是午餐時間,我想吃一點點東西。)
I’m dying for ______________. 我非常想吃/喝________。
I fancy ____________. 我現在想吃/喝_____________。
I’ve got a craving for _______________. 我特別想吃/喝 ___________。
ex: I’m dying for an iced venti caramel macchiato. (我非常想要來一杯特大冰焦糖瑪奇朵。)
ex: I really fancy some seafood today. Let’s go to the new seafood restaurant. (我真的超想吃一些海鮮,我們一起去那間新開的餐廳。)
ex: I’ve got a craving for spicy hot pot especially on such a freezing day. (我好想吃麻辣火鍋特別是在這種寒冷的日子。 )
想提升自己英文能力卻不知道怎麼開始嗎? 大量閱讀英文文章能增進英文的思考邏輯,每天養成閱讀習慣,除了累積單字量也同時提升英文語意的理解能力,很快就會感受到英文能力飛速成長~
(培養良好英文閱讀力 >> 雜誌好文章等你來閱讀!)
-
以上已幫大家整理出幾種常見「肚子餓」的英文說法,根據不同情境、飢餓程度可以選擇合適的說法。
喜歡這篇文章嗎?歡迎收藏、踴躍幫我們分享出去
The dog growled at the mailman and then snapped
at his ankle.
這隻狗對郵差發出低吼,接著便朝他腳踝咬了下去。
My boss growled at me for being late.
我遲到了,所以老闆怒罵我。
“Don’t touch me. Leave me alone,” the sad girl
growled.
那悲傷的女孩咆哮著:『別碰我。別煩我。』
Animals such as dogs, tigers, lions, and bears use a
growl to express their anger and to threaten.
狗、老虎、獅子和熊等動物用咆哮來表達憤怒和表示威脅。
The general gave his orders with a growl, staring at
his soldiers, all of whom were fearful of him.
將軍咆哮著發號施令,並盯著他的士兵,這些士兵都很怕
他。
Tom has a fancy for spicy Mexican food.
湯姆喜歡吃味道重的墨西哥食物。
Dragons, fairies, and giants are creatures of fancy.
龍、精靈、巨人都是想像出來的。
Sarah dreamed that she was getting married to John while wearing a fancy dress.
莎拉夢見她穿著一件別緻的洋裝跟約翰結婚了。
I don't fancy living on a desert island all by myself.
我不敢想像自己一個人住在荒島是什麼樣子。
I can't imagine living on a desert island all by myself.
我不敢想像自己一個人住在荒島是什麼樣子。
The town's population increased rapidly after a fancy resort was built.
在一家高級度假中心興建後,這個城鎮的人口急速成長。
It was such an excellent performance.
這真是場精彩絕倫的表演。
Rex is such a good boy that the teachers like him very much.
雷克斯是那麼乖的男孩,所以老師都很喜歡他。
Sam is a friend and should be treated as such.
山姆是朋友,因此就應像朋友般被對待。
Roger has many hobbies, such as hiking and stamp collecting.
羅傑有很多嗜好,例如健行和集郵。
I grabbed a bite to eat this morning and then went to work.
早上我隨便抓了點東西吃,便去上班了。
Let’s grab a bite to eat after the game.
比賽結束後我們去吃點東西吧。
恭喜答對獲得 熊贈點 1點
.jpg)