(喜歡就趕快收藏起來,若還沒加入會員的記得趕快註冊官網會員,才不會錯過更多優質學習資源,還能享入會五大好康)
work overtime 加班
e.g. The company pays us double when we work overtime.
(我們加班時公司會付雙倍工資。)
be up a creek 處於困境
e.g. Without me, the product department will be up a creek.
(我不在的話,產品部門會陷入困境。)
bail on sb 放某人鴿子
e.g. Sorry to bail on you again, but they won’t let me leave until the bug is fixed.
(很抱歉又放你鴿子,不過在問題修復之前,他們是不會讓我走的。)
#僱員不如期待
mustard n.芥末
temp n.臨時僱員
mix up sth 弄錯某物
mustard或許大家都已經知道是「芥末」的意思,但cut the mustard 我們卻不會解讀成「切芥末」,而是指「表現好;達標合格」的意思。這個俚語的由來眾說紛紜,比較值得注意的是通常這個俚語多用於否定句裡。
#產品需求提升
fill v. 交付(訂貨);(按訂單)供應
#事情未處理完
#人力短缺
#同事請假代班
Without me, the product department will be up a creek.
我不在的話,產品部門會陷入困境。
Sorry to bail on you again, but they won't let me leave until the bug is fixed.
很抱歉又放你鴿子,不過在問題修復之前,他們是不會讓我走的。
This problem is hard to cope with.
這個問題很難處理。
We have some back orders that need to be filled.
我們有一些積壓的訂單需要出貨。
I have to put in extra hours today to tidy up some loose ends.
我今天得加班把未了結的部分處理好。
Tidy (up) your bedroom, Johnny. Dad is coming back.
強尼,把你的房間整理乾淨。爸爸就要回來了。
All this extra work is getting on top of me. I've been working overtime over the past two weeks.
所有這些額外工作都快讓我吃不消了。過去兩周我一直在加班。