



A : I hate my job. I feel like my life is just meaningless repetition, and there is no fun to it at all!
B : Then you should quit if you hate it that much.
A : It’s not that easy, you know. I have to pay rent, insurance, bills, loans, and my daily expenses...
B : Oh, I see. You are a wage slave, just like thousands of others. If you don’t want to go on like this, maybe you should take on something you truly love, or change your mindset.
A : You’re probably right. Waiting on the world to change is kind of wishful thinking.
A : 我恨透我的工作了。我覺得我的人生只是無意義的迴圈,而且其中毫無樂趣可言!
B : 那你應該辭職,要是你真那麼痛恨這工作的話。
A : 你知道沒那麼容易的。我必須繳房租、保險費、帳單、貸款,還有我的生活支出⋯⋯。
B : 好啦,我知道了。你就是一個社畜,成千上萬的人也都和你一樣啊。如果你不想繼續這樣下去,也許你該做你真正喜歡的事,或者改變你的心態。
A : 你大概是對的吧。等待世界改變或許是一廂情願。

Peter is a slave to his work and often works himself to exhaustion.
彼得是工作的奴隸,常工作到筋疲力盡。
Henry slaved away at the company for fifteen years, and then he got laid off.
亨利為公司賣命工作十五年後被裁員了。
I feel sorry for John because he is a slave to money.
我為約翰感到難過,因為他是金錢的奴隸。
I feel sorry for John because he is enslaved by money.
我為約翰感到難過,因為他是金錢的奴隸。
Paula announced that she will quit show business next year.
寶拉宣布明年將退出演藝圈。
The old man quit smoking at last.
這位老先生終於戒菸了。
I quit my job because I have to take care of my sick father.
為了照顧生病的父親,我把工作辭掉了。
John no longer works here. He quit two years ago.
約翰已不在這兒工作了。他兩年前就辭職了。
I rent an apartment from Mr. Wang for NT$6,000 a month.
我向王先生租了一間公寓,每月新臺幣 6,000 元。
Becky was still considering buying or renting an apartment in this city.
貝琪還在考慮要在這城市買還是租公寓。
Mr. Brown makes ends meet by renting rooms (out) to students.
布朗先生把房間租給學生,以維持收支平衡。
How much is your monthly rent for your apartment?
你每月公寓租金是多少錢?
That rich landlord has five apartments for rent.
那個有錢的房東有 5 棟公寓要出租。
In Western countries, the father of the bride traditionally foots the bill for the wedding.
在西方國家,傳統上婚禮是由新娘的父親付帳。
I need five 100-dollar bills.
我需要 5 張 100 元的鈔票。
Congress passed the new bill to help endangered animals.
國會通過這項幫助瀕危動物的新法案。
A woodpecker has a strong bill.
啄木鳥的喙很硬。
The garage billed William for the repairs to his car.
修車廠給威廉開立修車的帳單。
How soon can you pay off the loan?
你的貸款多久才能還清?
“I’m sorry, but the book is out on loan,” said the librarian.
圖書館管理員說:『很抱歉,這本書被借走了。』
Could you loan me your car for the weekend?
週末你的車可以借我用嗎?
Can you loan me some money?
能借我一些錢嗎?
Can you lend me some money?
能借我一些錢嗎?
Can you loan some money to me?
能借我一些錢嗎?
Can you lend some money to me?
能借我一些錢嗎?
There was a ring at the door, and then Jane walked in.
門鈴響了一下,然後珍就走進來了。
Give me a ring when you have time.
有空打電話給我。
Peter bought a diamond ring for his girlfriend.
彼得買了一只鑽戒給他女友。
The children formed a ring around the teacher.
小朋友們繞著老師圍成一圈。
The phone has just rung.
電話剛剛響了。
Craig has gone swimming thousands of times.
克雷格去游泳好多次了。
I'm ready to take on this responsibility.
我準備好承擔這個責任了。
The leaves take on a yellow color in autumn.
葉子在秋天呈現黃色。
This is a sort of music that can make you relax.
這是種能讓你放鬆的音樂。
Success calls for hard work and some good luck.
成功需要努力和一點好運。
Environmentalists are calling for immediate action to combat global warming.
環保人士呼籲立即採取行動遏止全球暖化。
The situation calls for immediate action.
這種情況需要立即採取行動。
Scientists around the world are calling for water conservation.
世界各地的科學家都在呼籲節約用水。
I'll call for you at seven o'clock.
我七點鐘來接你。
I'll pick you up at seven o'clock.
我七點鐘來接你。
Let me pay for the meal.
這頓飯讓我來付錢。
