




I drive my son to school every day.
我每天開車送我兒子上學。
My wife is just learning how to drive.
我太太才剛開始學開車。
That noise is driving me crazy.
那噪音讓我抓狂。
It’s a one-hour drive to that restaurant.
到那間餐廳要 1 小時的車程。
Rebecca is full of drive―she’ll go far in life.
蕾貝卡充滿幹勁 — 她會成功的。
We saw a few stalls selling exotic food in the outdoor market.
我們在露天市集上看見有幾個攤位販賣異國食品。
The pilot of the small plane stalled the engine by climbing too steeply and too high.
這架小飛機的駕駛員因為攀升地太陡峭、太高而使引擎熄火了。
My car stalled this morning, and I had no money with me, so I had to walk all the way to work.
今天早上我的車子熄火了,同時我身上沒有錢,因此只好一路步行去上班。
The house was hit by lightning strikes.
這房子遭到雷擊。
The factory workers went on strike for better pay and working conditions.
該工廠工人罷工,要求加薪及改善工作環境。
Karen was so angry that she struck Ralph on the face.
凱倫很生氣,往雷夫臉上打了一拳。
It struck me that it’s Norman’s birthday today.
我突然想起今天是諾曼的生日。
The workers are striking for a raise.
這些工人正在罷工要求加薪。
A strong earthquake struck at midnight.
半夜發生一場強烈地震。
David’s father deals in used cars.
大衛的父親從事中古車買賣。
This week, I have a lot of work to deal with.
這個星期我有很多工作要處理。
We shook hands after the deal was done.
交易完成後我們握了握手。
William lost a great deal of money buying lottery tickets.
威廉買彩券損失了很多錢。
The cake was split into two parts.
這塊蛋糕被切成兩塊。
My girlfriend split up with me because she thought I didn’t really love her.
我女友和我分手了,因為她覺得我並沒有真心愛她。
The sharp edges of the packaging created a large split in the plastic bag.
這個包裝的邊邊尖銳,把塑膠袋劃破了好大一個裂口。
The issue of nuclear power has caused a split in the government.
核能議題在政府內部造成意見分歧。
Let me have a banana split.
給我一份香蕉聖代。
I called John an hour ago, and he said he was halfway here.
我一小時前打給約翰,他說他還在來這裡的半路上。
Nick chose to meet Dave halfway on the business deal.
尼克決定和戴夫妥協,搞定這筆生意。
A halfway house is a place aimed at helping former prisoners turn over a new leaf.
中途之家旨在幫助更生人改過自新。
I hope I have a chance to see Mary again.
我希望有機會再見瑪麗一面。
You have a good chance of winning the contest.
你贏得比賽的可能性很大。
I found the secret by chance.
我偶然間發現這個祕密。
Do not take chances with your health.
健康不能碰運氣。
Neil decided to chance going out without his cellphone.
尼爾決定冒險不帶手機出門。
I chanced to be there when Jerome came.
傑洛姆來的時候,我碰巧在那裡。
I happened to be there when Jerome came.
傑洛姆來的時候,我碰巧在那裡。
Sally is willing to help her mother with the chores.
莎莉願意幫母親做家事。
A teacher can't help students who are unwilling to learn.
老師沒辦法幫助不願意學習的學生。
Take it or leave it. I won’t bargain with you.
要就買,不要就拉倒。我不會跟你討價還價。
Lillian's credit card bill last month came to NT$8,000.
莉莉安上個月的信用卡費總共是新臺幣八千元。
I chanced to be there when Jerome came.
傑洛姆來的時候,我碰巧在那裡。
Sometimes you can get a bargain at a flea market.
有時你可在跳蚤市場買到很划算的東西。
