



安東尼:妳真幸運可以跟家人出國。
瑪麗:我知道,但離開你和朋友就是讓人覺得不好受。
安東尼:有可以聯絡到妳的電話號碼嗎?
瑪麗:還沒有。今晚我會打通電話跟你聯絡。
安東尼:我會守在電話旁。
瑪麗:別在電話旁等太久,飛行時間要 12 個小時呢!

touch 表『碰觸』,base 在此指棒球的『壘包』,
touch base with someone 此俚語源自於棒球術語,引申為『與相關的人聯繫』。
菜鳥阿雄負責公司的一個企劃案,他蒐集資料,到處奔波,最後和國外的
客戶進行接洽。此時他便可向老闆報告:
I've touched base with our foreign client.
= I've got in touch with our foreign client.
= I've got in contact with our foreign client.
(我已經跟國外客戶聯絡過了。)
和 base 相關的俚語不少,如 touch all the bases 本指『碰觸所有壘包』,
後引申為『面面俱到』。cover all the bases 也有相同的意思。阿雄在會議上用流利的英文作簡報,他的企劃案不僅創新,
還分析了市場趨勢,並涵蓋所有要點,外國客戶忍不住讚美他:
Your presentation has touched / covered all the bases. Good job!
(你的報告面面俱到,太棒了!)
get to first base 字面上為『到達一壘』,到了一壘壘包還不算得分,
但已成功跨出了第一步,所以這個俚語便引申指『取得初步進展』。
受到國外客戶的賞識,阿雄開始跟他們洽談這筆生意,他就很開心地跟老闆報告:
I got to first base with this business deal.
(這筆生意我取得了初步的進展。)
另外,get to first base 也可用於男女的交往關係中,指『初步的交往』,
get to second base(到達二壘)則表示『更親密的交往』。
阿雄雖然職場得意,情場卻失意,因為心儀已久的阿花一點也不理睬他。
老王就說:
He adores A-Hua, but he can't even get to first base with her.
(他很喜歡阿花,可是連一點進展也沒有。)
Don’t touch anything before the police come.
警方來之前,不要動任何東西。
Kevin felt a light touch on his hand.
凱文覺得有人輕碰他的手。
Mother Teresa’s story has touched the hearts of people around the world.
德蕾莎修女的故事感動了全世界的人。
Though John rarely sees Peter, they keep in touch with each other by email.
雖然約翰很少見到彼得,但他們仍藉電子郵件保持聯絡。
Please get in touch with me as soon as possible.
請儘快跟我聯絡。
The dessert has a delicious, crunchy base.
這甜點底部的口感鬆脆可口。
The air base is located in the southern part of the island.
該空軍基地位於本島的南端。
The batter hit the ball and ran to first base.
打擊者擊中球後跑到一壘。
The director based the movie on a true story.
導演根據一個真實的故事拍這部片子。
The movie was based on a true story.
這部電影是根據一個真實故事所拍攝的。
Try to get in contact with Kate as soon as you get into town.
你一進城就設法和凱特聯絡。
No matter where you go, you should keep in contact with me.
不論你到哪裡,都要和我保持聯絡。
I lost contact with Natalie after she moved to another city.
娜塔麗搬到別座城市後,我跟她便失去了聯繫。
Because Jerry is a waiter, he comes into contact with people from all walks of life every day.
因為傑瑞是服務生,他每天都能接觸到各行各業的人。
You should make eye contact with your audience when giving a speech.
你演講時應該要跟觀眾有眼神接觸。
Contact me at qvcservice@qvc.com if you have any problems.
如果您有任何問題,就用 qvcservice@qvc.com 這電子郵 件地址和我聯繫。
The flight is scheduled to leave at 1:30 p.m.
這班機預定下午 1 點半起飛。
The flight attendant is so pretty and friendly.
那位空服員人好漂亮又好親切。
The flight crew boarded the plane before the passengers.
機組人員比乘客先登機。
As soon as the security alarm went off, the bank robber took flight.
安全警報一響,銀行劫匪就逃走了。
By the time we reached the station, the train had already gone.
等到我們到達火車站時,火車已經開走了。 ’
I can't believe the temperature reached 40 degrees today.
我真不敢相信今天溫度高達 40 度。
Ezra reached for his wallet.
以斯拉伸手拿皮夾。
Knives and forks should be put out of children's reach.
刀叉應該放在孩童伸手拿不到的地方。
I will touch base with you on this project next Monday.
我下周一會跟你聯繫討論一下這個專案。
Could you please touch base with the team in Bangalore?
你可以與在班加羅爾的團隊聊聊嗎?
Please get in touch with me as soon as possible.
請儘快跟我聯絡。
