



有時候,個人對於工作的期望可能過高或不夠明確,導致實際情況和期望之間的落差。當工作遭遇不如預期的情況,或許我們可以將這種挑戰視為一次成長的機會,可能讓我們學到新的技能、面對不同的情境,甚至找到更適合自己的方向。每個人都會在職場上遇到挑戰,而如何因應這些挑戰,往往決定了我們的成長與進步。


This job is much more boring than I had hoped.
這份工作比我所預期的枯燥多了。
My work-life balance is shot to pieces.
我工作與生活的平衡被打破了。
The job I do goes against my morals and values.
我做的工作違背了我的道德和價值觀。
I didn’t expect to have to work so much overtime.
我沒料到要加班這麼久。
My job description has changed over time.
隨著時間的推移,我的工作內容起了變化。
The company’s outlook does not match my own.
公司的前景與我的不符。outlook [ˋaʊt͵lʊk] n. 前景
I don’t find my job fulfilling or rewarding.
我覺得我的工作沒有成就感且沒什麼意義。fulfill [fʊlˋfɪl] v. 使滿足
I was hoping to take on more responsibility.
我希望承擔更多責任。take on sth 承擔某事
To tell you the truth, this is a dead-end job.
說實話,這份工作沒前途。a dead-end job 沒有前途的工作
I won’t get anywhere in this kind of job.
在這種工作中我不會有什麼進步。not get anywhere 沒什麼發展,沒有進步
This building has a value of more than 20 million NT dollars.
這棟建築物價值超過 2,000 萬新臺幣。
Gordon wondered why such a high value was placed on the artwork.
戈登想知道為什麼這藝術品會如此受到重視。
I believe this book will be of great value to both teachers and students.
我相信這本書對老師和學生都很重要。
Herman later learned that his values were different
from his girlfriend’s.
赫曼後來瞭解到,他的價值觀和他女友的價值觀並不同。
I value / treasure our friendship.
我很珍惜我們的友誼。
Through hard work, my dreams were finally fulfilled.
透過努力我的夢想終於實現了。
Through hard work, my dreams were finally achieved.
透過努力我的夢想終於實現了。
Through hard work, my dreams were finally realized.
透過努力我的夢想終於實現了。
Through hard work, my dreams finally came true.
透過努力我的夢想終於實現了。
I regret to tell you that you didn’t meet our requirements.
我很抱歉要告訴你,你未達到我們的要求。
There are things we regret doing and things we regret not having done.
我們會後悔做了某些事,也有些事我們後悔沒去做。
I regret to say that I can’t come to the party.
很遺憾,我得告訴你我不能來參加派對。
I regret to inform you that you flunked three subjects this semester.
我很遺憾要通知你,你這學期被當 3 科。
Much to my regret, I didn’t have enough money with me then.
令我很遺憾的是,當時我沒帶夠錢。
I heard of Mr. Wilson’s death with deep regret.
我對威爾遜先生的死訊深感惋惜。
The boat drifted down the stream.
船順著溪流漂流而下。
I spent the whole summer vacation drifting around South America.
我整個暑假都在南美漫遊。
I spent the whole summer vacation wandering around South America.
我整個暑假都在南美漫遊。
We couldn’t drive down the road due to the deep snow drifts.
因為雪積得很深,所以我們沒辦法把車開在路上。
There has been a drift towards more liberal views in that age group.
那個年齡層漸漸對比較自由開放的態度有了轉變。
This ocean drift will lead us to land.
這道洋流將會我們帶到陸地。
My work-life balance is shot to pieces.
我工作與生活的平衡被打破了。
The job I do goes against my morals and values.
我做的工作違背了我的道德和價值觀。
I'm ready to take on this responsibility.
我準備好承擔這個責任了。
The leaves take on a yellow color in autumn.
葉子在秋天呈現黃色。
I didn't say anything about fighting with Andy in the first place.
一開始我對於跟安迪吵架這件事隻字未提。
Frank shouldn't have lied in the first place.
法蘭克一開始就不該說謊。
I didn't intend to do that.
我不想那麼做。
I intend to learn how to play the guitar this summer vacation.
我打算在今年暑假學吉他。
Politics is not my cup of tea.
我不喜歡政治。
I'm just marking time in this job. I have my heart set on getting into teaching.
我做這份工作只是為了等待時機。我一心想從事教學工作。
