Have you taken sleeping bags, insectrepellent, and warm clothes? 你帶了睡袋、防蟲劑和保暖的衣物了嗎?
repellentn. 驅蟲劑
We’ll need repellent to keep the insects away. 我們會需要驅蟲劑好讓蟲子不敢靠近。
I’ll take a fishing rod and tackle. 我會帶上魚竿和釣具。
tackle n. 釣具 (集合名詞,不可數。)
A first aid kit is essential. 急救箱是非常重要的。
"first aid kit" 意指「急救包」,內含用來提供初步急救的器具和用品的工具包。通常包括創傷處理用品如: 紗布、創傷護理用品、醫療膠布、藥物、急救手冊以及其他相關用品。"first aid" 本身來自於英語中的 "first"(第一)和 "aid"(幫助)這兩個字,意指在意外或緊急情況下,提供第一階段的幫助或緊急治療。
In addition to our tents, we’ll need raincoats. 除了帳篷,我們還需要雨衣。
#紮營地點
Let’s find a campsiteoverlooking the city. 讓我們找一處可以俯瞰城市的露營地點吧。
overlook vt. 俯瞰
We should camp on flat and dry ground. 我們應該在平坦和乾燥的地方紮營。
If we camp in the open, we will have a good view of the stars. 如果我們在空曠的地方紮營,就可以擁有絕佳的觀星視野。
#露營活動
These two trees will be perfect for hanging the hammock. 這兩棵樹很適合用來懸掛吊床。
hammock n.吊床
Let’s collect some wood to make a fire. 咱們收集一些木材來生火吧。
We need four people to pitch the tents. 我們需要四個人來搭帳篷。
pitch a tent / put up a tent 搭帳棚
We need someone to keep an eye on our tents while we are hiking. 我們登山時得找個人來看管帳篷。
keep an eye on 留意…
#突發事件
Those insects are really bugging me. 那些昆蟲讓我覺得很煩。
Be careful of any ant hills. 小心注意有沒有蟻穴。
Our friend fell over and broke his leg. 我們的朋友摔倒了,腿也骨折了。
One of the hikers was bitten by a poisonous snake.其中一位登山客被一條毒蛇給咬傷了。
< < 情境對話 > >
Emma : What do you plan to do this weekend? Fiona : I’m going camping with my roommates. Emma : Where are you going? Fiona : There’s a lake in a nearby county. We want to go fishing. And we will tell stories around the campfire. Emma : That sounds fantastic. But it’s been hot recently. You’d better be careful not to cause a wildfire. Fiona : We will be. My roommates and I will take turns keeping watch at night. Emma : Great. Hope you have a whale of a time.